Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie’s Best Start: Report Card

Considering this year is odd due to Covid and all aspects of sports is different I think Willie has really kept us relevant.  I know Kiffin left a good thing here but to embrace the older players with some néw incoming players is tricky. So far Taggart has been succeeding, putting together a staff that is no nonsense.    I miss Glen Spencer but Leavitt’s defense  is a top 5 defense.
If we had more offense I think we beat Marshall and preserve our winning streak but we learn as we go and get better. 

We went from one of the best offense teams in the country to one of the best defensive teams, that is difficult to do at any level.  As you can see with FSU that place was a dumpster fire and it was not all on Taggart, Norvell is struggling And I think FSU is stuck in the past.  This is Taggart’s best start at any job. He’s winning, it doesn’t matter if it’s ugly but closing out games something Partridge couldn’t do that left fans like myself angry. 

The remaining games after the Umass game is on the road and the only winning team is Georgia Southern. I think with Posey QB1 and Tronti ready for reps we can run the table.  But unfortunately Marshall will win out and go to the title game and we will be left out which is a shame.  Let’s see how that goes.

With a start like this and our new facilities I think Taggart can take our program to néw heights, like Kiffin said winning is the new thing here and the standard.  Taggart is continuing this trend,  so far what is your grade for coach Taggart?  What bowl game do you think we can possibly get invited to?

My grade: A- we are winning considering setbacks, losing our star QB and change of system along with coaches.
Back to the top

I’ll give Taggart a B+. Coaching-wise, he’s been awesome all season in letting Leavitt do his thing on defense. Right now, I’m leaning toward cutting him a break on the offensive play calling the first two weeks because a share of that also falls on Tronti. 

Taggart has like an 89.40 in my book. How does he get up to an 89.50 and therefore an A-? I’d like to see him tweet more. FAU has a lot of good things going on athletically and academically. It’s always nice having a coach who tweets about games, and then maybe tweets about a big donation or retweets the school’s tweet about a big rise in admissions. 

I totally get that tweeting isn’t for every coach. Just something I’d like to see him do more of. We were spoiled with Lane’s Twitter. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Taggart gets and A+ he has recruited very well, continued the standard of winning, and put together an amazing staff. We had a huge roster turnover and look at well we are performing, yes the Marshall loss sucks but other than that the program has taken another set forward of overcoming adversity and challenges. Leavitt has put together probably one of the greatest FAU defensive units IN HIS FIRST YEAR OF COACHING HERE.

Taggart is winning here while everyone else said we wouldn't and would mess up the program.

A+
Back to the top

What’s funny is how many FSU fans and observers were being Debbie Downers. I didn’t know much about Taggart except I liked how he hired Briles.

Taggart hired an amazing defensive staff with Leavitt and Patrick. Once he made those hires it was obvious he was very smart. The job isn’t done. We still have the goal of the top 25 and maybe deep into it. I am a little worried about the lack of passing.

A+ 
Back to the top

JakeElman said

I’ll give Taggart a B+. Coaching-wise, he’s been awesome all season in letting Leavitt do his thing on defense. Right now, I’m leaning toward cutting him a break on the offensive play calling the first two weeks because a share of that also falls on Tronti. 

Taggart has like an 89.40 in my book. How does he get up to an 89.50 and therefore an A-? I’d like to see him tweet more. FAU has a lot of good things going on athletically and academically. It’s always nice having a coach who tweets about games, and then maybe tweets about a big donation or retweets the school’s tweet about a big rise in admissions. 

I totally get that tweeting isn’t for every coach. Just something I’d like to see him do more of. We were spoiled with Lane’s Twitter. 

Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 12:26 PM #397851

I give him a B+ and if we win 3 out of our next 4, I will give him an A-. I will say this on the tweeting. He was very active on social media at other stops. He took alot of criticism when his teams weren’t winning. I thought he was just pumping up the programs he was taking over. I think in season he is trying to he as focused as possible. I don’t blame him for being off twitter have you seen the FSU fans taking shots at FAU and taggart now. What a miserable fanbase. Smh
Back to the top

I’ll give him a solid B. He’s won the games he’s supposed to and the one loss was a tight one at a ranked opponent. I personally think the way to salvage the season is run the table and get into a solid bowl game. Posey brings another dimension to the Offense but I wonder how he’d play against a quality Defense. I find the offensive play calling to be suspect at times but that’s just my opinion. The Defense is probably the best in the conference. We’ll see how it all ends but all eyes should be on that GA Southern road game. That is the remaining test especially since they played two ranked teams tight like we did.
Back to the top

It's weird, I am pleasantly surprised in some ways yet highly concerned in others.  

I think these next 3 games will be very telling.  I'm hoping it doesn't go the way my gut is telling me it will.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I wish the GaSo game was televised.  Feels like sun belt conference has surpassed CUSA. ESPN has even dubbed them Sunbelt Funbelt  
Back to the top

I thought it was ESPN+? But I think, for the time being, I agree with your Sun Belt sentiments.
Back to the top
Control functions: