Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart 2020 Summer Camp Teleconference - June 22, 2020

Coach Taggart to Address Media as Players Return to Campus, Monday at 2 PM

FAU's Head Football Coach Willie Taggart will host a press conference today at 2 PM as more and more Owls report to campus.

Coach Taggart is expected to summarize Summer Camp and expectations for the Fall. The media will then have an opportunity to ask FAU's new Head Coach several questions.

Us here at the Owl's Nest will post updates of the presser on Twitter and in this thread.

Join the conversation below! What are y'all most excited for now that Summer ball has begun?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Coach Taggart opens the presser with an update on where the program currently stands in relation to work outs.

Back to the top

First major question is out of the way quickly: There is no update on the status of Keke Leroy.

Back to the top

Taggart mentions how seriously the program is taking Covid-19. Players have been tested, with all tests coming back negative.

Back to the top

Shane asked about for Coach Taggart's opinion on this recruiting cycle and how the coaches continue to recruit despite NCAA mandated recruiting road blocks such as the lack of in-person visits.

Back to the top

Looks like we're turning towards the protests involving Black Lives Matter & police brutality.

Back to the top

The team had a discussion about society and the climate currently around the country. Coach Taggart said it was "one of the best meetings I've ever had as a coach.

Back to the top

Now Coach Taggart is talking about "Real Life Wednesdays." A specific part of camp in which the players take time to learn something outside of the gridiron.

Back to the top

The players all registered to vote in a "Real Life Wednesday" a couple of weeks ago. According the Coach Taggart, a couple players said they never would have thought about or known about how to become a voter if it wasn't for Real Life Wednesday.

Back to the top

The Mayor of Boca Raton, Scott Singer, addressed the players. Coach Taggart wants heads of police to talk to players this week.

Back to the top
Control functions: