Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WOW 50/50.... Don't know If I like that

Besides playing host to FIU in 2009, Florida also agreed to face FAU (year TBA) in Gainesville. A proposed $100 million, on-campus dome at FAU is ''50-50'' to happen, athletic director Craig Angelos said.
Back to the top

if this doesn't go down we are so screwed.
Back to the top

That would be a major setback from a PR standpoint. 50/50? Where did that come from ??? ??? ??? ???

Are we talking dome only or on campus stadium in general?
Inquiring minds need to get to work here.. ;)
Back to the top

I hear ya OG, I'm not going to be able to get any work done until I know what happened! Do you think that Angelos was just toning it down a bit or do you think that things really have gone awry?
However…I have spent the first hour of the day calling all of my UF friends and started the smack talking already. I have been waiting for this day for years!!!
Back to the top

if they don't build a stadium on campus in the next two/three years its completely pointless to have a 1A team. You either have to do it 110% or not at all. none of this half @@@@@.
Back to the top

that blog was from the miami herald
Back to the top

Here's some light on the subject. The University just released a Request for Proposal for an "Athletic Inovation Village" which is to include design, financing, construction and operation of a 40,000 seat stadium. Sounds like they're just going to float this thing out there and see if some creative developer can find a way to make this thing work financially and solve the myriad of problems with the City. 50/50 yeah, that sounds about right.
Back to the top

Thanks Oldowl. Angelos probably threw it out there for a reason.
I think most of us probably agree that some type of sports facility will be on campus within the next few years.
Back to the top

Hey all. My roommate here on-campus at FAU is a Red-Shirt Freshman and according to what all he and his teammates have heard they have been assured that a stadium is in the works and is a reality they can count on. Sadly, the when seems to still be going unanswered. But as far as Angelos meaning a 50/50 of whether FAU would ever get a stadium of any kind… I highly doubt that is what he is implying. More likely, he is simply referring to the possibility of a costly $100 million dome scenario… I wouldn't worry about it guys! It will happen - domed or not, $100 million or not, the stadium will come! This is Schnellenberger and Brogan we are talking about here and now we've added Doherty to the mix too! The stadium/arena will be coming soon enough in one form or another. And of course, we are all waiting with baited breath! ;)
Back to the top

Welcome to the board fauprowler and thanks for your insight as well. We all have our fingers crossed!
Back to the top
Control functions: