Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Fiery" 2024 signee Elijah Elliott ready to bring the heat to FAU

Add topic

FAU Fan said

Great articles all year long.
Good insight and very informative.
Thank you Jim.
Posted On: Feb 29th 2024, 4:56 PM #421815

My pleasure, FAU Fan!
Back to the top

Elijah Elliott announced he has decommitted from FAU.

Back to the top

Rip - that's all 3 of our high school recruits. Hopefully we can get them to recommit. This entire experience for the last week or so has felt so painful
Back to the top

Unfortunate- but happens with a coaching change. Best of luck to them.

Let the rebuild begin! Excited to see how Coach Jakus responds and puts the roster together. With likely no returning players and no 2024 commits, opportunity for playing time is wide open at FAU.

I imagine there is still strong internal pressure to put a winning product on the court next year. With so many open roster spots + the portal being open, it shouldn't be too much longer until we have some new players coming in to rally behind.

This week sucked, but brighter weeks are ahead!!

Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Rip - that's all 3 of our high school recruits. Hopefully we can get them to recommit. This entire experience for the last week or so has felt so painful
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2024, 1:15 PM #423261

It happens when we lose a valuable coach just sit back relax and let the rebuild take hold
Back to the top

I know it's not Dusty, but they way Coach Jakus spoke and to continue this program he about sold everyone else at that press conference, everyone but these recruits and the current players. I was so convinced last Friday everything was going to be ok, but now I don't know, seems wait and see….
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3832

SCowl said

I know it's not Dusty, but they way Coach Jakus spoke and to continue this program he about sold everyone else at that press conference, everyone but these recruits and the current players. I was so convinced last Friday everything was going to be ok, but now I don't know, seems wait and see….
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2024, 1:37 PM #423265

One point from Jakus' press conference- "If you go looking for something better, you might find it, but I doubt it"…

At the end of the day these players and recruits have the freedom to go shopping to see if they can find something better than what Coach Jakus pitched them. Maybe they'll find better, but then again maybe Coach Jakus is right.

Have to give Coach Jakus a chance to make some decisions himself- everything major decision that's happened so far is ultimately been out of his control. Change + this amount of uncertainty is stressful as a fan, but I'm sold on him leading the program. Have to just give it some time, he's only been at it less than a week.
Back to the top

Did the Arkansas guy decommit?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did the Arkansas guy decommit?
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2024, 2:30 PM #423267

Yes, all 3 of them have decommitted as of today.
Back to the top

There are four, one is still alive.
Back to the top
Control functions: