Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Men's Basketball Media Day

Add topic

FAU Basketball will host their annual Media Day today as the 2020 college basketball season tips-off in a few weeks.

We will talk to Head Coach Dusty May and forward Jailyn Ingram about their expectations for this shortened season.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

In Dusty we trust!

Back to the top

FAU Head Coach Dusty May says that navigating through the offseason amidst the COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenge, but the team has been resilient. He added, "the teams that handle adversity the best are the ones that will be the most successful this season."

Back to the top

Forward Jailyn Ingram had procedure done in the offseason. May says that Ingram is moving better now than he has in the last two years.

Imagine a fully fit Jailyn Ingram that's even quicker than before. That can be deadly.

Back to the top

May mentions Mike Forrest, Kenan Blackshear, and Everett Winchester has guys who should fill the gap left by Scuta Taylor and Richardson Maitre.

Back to the top

Ingram understands that this is HIS team, and he does not let the pressure of that get to him. "It really builds my confidence," said Ingram. "It helps me grow to become a better leader and a better teammate… and being sidelined (due to injury) helped me grow and mature as a player."

Back to the top

Not only is Ingram healthy, but he is HUNGRY!

Back to the top

Coach May says the conference's decision to play in-conference games on Friday-Saturday will be an advantage for the teams that "can beat you in multiple ways." He adds that the format change is especially helpful if you don't have to travel far or face C-USA's better teams.

FAU will play UF in December. Dusty May's son, Jack, is a freshmen guard for the Gators.

The out-of-conference schedule will be released soon.

Back to the top

Thanks Jack. Not sure what to expect, but I do believe in coach May's ability
Back to the top

Thanks, Owlmart! It will be hard to fill in the gap left by Scuta and Maitre. Coach May said Everrett Winchester was the team's best player overall at times last season. If he remains healthy, look for him to see a massive increase in playing time.

Back to the top
Control functions: