Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Men's Basketball ARKS & TOP 25 Rankings

Add topic

faufan2017 said

I don’t see us being able to retain Dusty May unless we figure out a way to triple or quadruple his salary. 

He makes 400k here. USF is paying 1.6M for their coach.

There’s so much more we have to do to make our sports teams financially competitive with the top of this new conference 
Posted On: Feb 28th 2023, 8:34 AM #412680

Ya mean 13-16 USF???

Well IF we grow, the BUILDING needs to grow to add TICKET SALES to help FUND a better Coaches salary!

3000 capacity WON'T get it done and we will not host HOME TV games in this building! No more than baseball will host ANYTHING Conference or Regionals in our stadium, EVER!
Back to the top

Thinking we will slip back in today for the final rankings at 25, we shall see...
Back to the top

And WE'RE BACK! 🦉🏀🔥

Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I don’t see us being able to retain Dusty May unless we figure out a way to triple or quadruple his salary. 

He makes 400k here. USF is paying 1.6M for their coach.

There’s so much more we have to do to make our sports teams financially competitive with the top of this new conference 
Posted On: Feb 28th 2023, 8:34 AM #412680
Correct.

My understanding is, the reason we were invited to the AAC is FAU has a vision with commitments to grow the facilities and coach's salaries to align with the schools we are joining.

This needs to happen quickly.

Here is some further perspective on Coach May's salary:

New UCF women's basketball coach Sytia Messer signed a 5-year contract that includes a base salary of $625,000 and an annual increase of $25,000, a UCF Athletics spokesperson told the Orlando Sentinel.Apr 4, 2022

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We need to be all in for next year. The ROI is there if we are in the tournament again
Back to the top

Only 1 senior but portal could be an issue!
Back to the top

Final Coaches poll;

https://sports.yahoo.com/look-final-usa-today-sports-182231066.html

Owls finish at NUMBER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Final Coaches poll;

https://sports.yahoo.com/look-final-usa-today-sports-182231066.html

Owls finish at NUMBER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Apr 5th 2023, 7:57 AM #413909

I'm surprised UNT and UAB aren't ranked. They received votes but didn't make the top 25.
Back to the top

Sorry, forgot to post this yesterday as well! LONG day at the airport…

Back to the top

Glad to be of help Rick! I am leaving to pick up daughter and Owl loving Granddaughter at Atl airport soon!

IF we had lacrosse she would be an Owl in a second!
Back to the top
Control functions: