Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Capsule

Add topic

I’ve noticed when FAU struggles offensively they usually come back strong the next game. I am counting on this being one of those times. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Id rather save THAT for potential contest vs Tennessee when we will need to throw haymakers early!
Back to the top

I'd rather not worry about Tennessee and worry about FDU….Let's concentrate on today….

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Who's worried?

(not me)
Back to the top

FAU Faces FDU in Round of 32

What: #9 FAU (32-3) vs. #16 FDU (22-15)

When: Sun. March 19th, @ 7:45 PM

Where: Nationwide Arena

Series: First meeting

TV : truTV

Radio : FoxSports 640

Live Stats Here

Line:  FAU -12

Owl Notables

FAU moved on to the Round of 32 with a thrilling 66-65 win over #8 Memphis in a sneak peak of future AAC play. The one point victory was the first by that margin for the Owls on the season.

Additionally, after outrebounding Tigers 39-36, the Owls are now 26-0 when they win the battle of the boards.

With a win, Florida Atlantic would continue their Big Dance at the Big Apple. The winner of the Owls' matchup will face the No. 4 Tennessee Volunteers in the Sweet 16, to be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The 12 point line is the largest the Owls have enjoyed since the final regular season home game versus UTEP in C-USA play.

Knight Notables

Despite losing the Northeast Conference championship to Merrimack 67-66, FDU found themselves in the First Four as the Warriors are still completing their move to D1 and remained ineligible for the NCAA post season.

They've made the most of their fortunate position with a 84-61 blow out of Texas Southern and a win for the ages by taking down #1 Purdue. The 63-58 win over the Boilermakers marked just the second time the tournament has seen a number one seed defeat a 16 seed.

The Owls will have to contain the Knights junior forward Sean Moore, who has been on a recent hot streak. Despite only averaging 7.1 points on the season, Moore was the top scorer in the team's upset over Purdue, dropping 19 points.

Grad student guard Demetre Roberts has been the top player for FDU, averaging 16.5 points. Roberts is a former member of DII St Thomas (NJ) and made the move to the Knights roster with head coach Tobin Anderson who led STU for nine years before taking over at FDU.

The Knights are 3-1 on a neutral court for the year.

Back to the top

Been a great atmosphere here in Columbus.  Surrounded by Michigan state fans in one of the Fau sections so apparently nobody wanted to go or those who got them chose money over school fandom

First 10 rows or so have more FAU.   Oh well

Let's go Owls!!!   I want to see us advance to the sweet 16 in person !
Back to the top

YOUR FAU STARTERS TO BEGIN THE 2ND ROUND!

Back to the top

Keep it up boys!
Back to the top

Three straight REJECTIONS in a row by the Owls (on the same play)!

:Laughing:

Back to the top

MARTIN WITH THE CREATIVITY ON THE TRANSITION!

Back to the top
Control functions: