Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Owls hire Baylor assistant John Jakus as New Head Coach

Add topic

illinoisowl said

As far a money goes, more money will be coming in from all the national TV games or does that not change the conference payout? There is a $1M buyout of May's contract and the AAC pays more than CUSA.
Since we left CUSA will FAU see any of the money from the tournament from last year? Was there an exit fee?

I think FAU might be experiencing some growing pains. I hear student housing is backed up. Upper level students are having a hard time finding housing with priority going to freshman and sophomores.

Wasn't there a plan for Innovation Village part II?

Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 11:31 AM #423044

My son transferred out of FAU as an upperclassman in part over the housing issue. The City needs to let the school build more places for students to live. And FAU needs to take seriously the needs of upperclassmen if itís ever going to move up academically which in turn makes the athletic programs more attractive for future conference realignment.
Back to the top

TwotimeinTampa said

illinoisowl said

As far a money goes, more money will be coming in from all the national TV games or does that not change the conference payout? There is a $1M buyout of May's contract and the AAC pays more than CUSA.
Since we left CUSA will FAU see any of the money from the tournament from last year? Was there an exit fee?

I think FAU might be experiencing some growing pains. I hear student housing is backed up. Upper level students are having a hard time finding housing with priority going to freshman and sophomores.

My son transferred out of FAU as an upperclassman in part over the housing issue. The City needs to let the school build more places for students to live. And FAU needs to take seriously the needs of upperclassmen if it’s ever going to move up academically which in turn makes the athletic programs more attractive for future conference realignment.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 11:47 AM #423045
New dorms have just been approved at the university, but likely won't be open for few more years. Definitely some growing pains, but the student housing need has been exacerbated in the past 24 months with the mass influx of people moving to South Florida + the skyrocketing costs of rentals around the university (some of whom won't even rent to students due to across the board demand).

University looks to be reacting as fast as it possibly can to counter the South Florida real estate boom + prepare for long term growth

But if you want a finger to point, in 2021 Boca City Commission (Mayor Scott Singer and Vice Mayor Andrea O'Rouke being the only no votes) killed a private housing project that would have added 540 student housing beds and a skybridge that would have connected the complex on NW 5th Ave to the university. The developer even offered to pay for a shuttle service + a new turn lane to alleviate traffic concerns.
Back to the top

Great insight on how talented John Jakus is as a coach, as a recruiter, and the most important take away from this podcast – Jakus' knowledge of guard play and X's & O's. He also eludes to how FAU made a brilliant hire and is shocked that a Big12 Team did not snatch him up. Thanks again goes out to Brian White. FAU needs to take good care of Brian.

Go Owls!!!

Link:†https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4eOJZlT1g
Back to the top

He will be on Inside The Burrow today for this week's episode.
Back to the top

Owl4Life said

TwotimeinTampa said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 10:31 AM #423044
My son transferred out of FAU as an upperclassman in part over the housing issue. The City needs to let the school build more places for students to live. And FAU needs to take seriously the needs of upperclassmen if it’s ever going to move up academically which in turn makes the athletic programs more attractive for future conference realignment.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 10:47 AM #423045
New dorms have just been approved at the university, but likely won't be open for few more years. Definitely some growing pains, but the student housing need has been exacerbated in the past 24 months with the mass influx of people moving to South Florida + the skyrocketing costs of rentals around the university (some of whom won't even rent to students due to across the board demand).

University looks to be reacting as fast as it possibly can to counter the South Florida real estate boom + prepare for long term growth

But if you want a finger to point, in 2021 Boca City Commission (Mayor Scott Singer and Vice Mayor Andrea O'Rouke being the only no votes) killed a private housing project that would have added 540 student housing beds and a skybridge that would have connected the complex on NW 5th Ave to the university. The developer even offered to pay for a shuttle service + a new turn lane to alleviate traffic concerns.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 11:16 AM #423046

I get frustrated seeing Scott Singer's posts thanking Dusty, when he's a roadblock to our growth as a university in Boca.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Owl4Life said

TwotimeinTampa said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 11:47 AM #423045

Posted On: Mar 28th 2024, 12:16 PM #423046

I get frustrated seeing Scott Singer's posts thanking Dusty, when he's a roadblock to our growth as a university in Boca.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2024, 10:41 AM #423256

It needs be called out louder. It would be great if the Nest had an article calling Singer out for "rooting for FAU'' yet killing the school in the shadows. FAU shouldn't let him on campus until he helps with e schools interest.
Back to the top

Rick said

The Jakus File:

12 Years Division I Experience
316-98 Overall Record
27-9 Postseason Record
5 Sweet 16 Appearances
3 Elite Eights Appearances
2 Final Four Appearances
1 National Championship

Posted On: Mar 27th 2024, 10:45 PM #423028

and some overseas head coaching exp …. could help on the recruiting trail if we were to venture out there more….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: