Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Class of 2020 PG Nicholas Boyd Commits to FAU

Add topic

FAU Basketball Reloads at Point Guard

Although COVID-19 has brought in-person recruiting to a halt, FAU Head Basketball Coach Dusty May is still hauling in new Owls for his program. This is coming off FAU's first in-bracket conference tournament game in over a decade, and back-to-back winning seasons.

In the latest action for May and his staff, class of 2020 6'2" point guard Nicholas Boyd of the Bosco Institute in Indiana announced that he has verbally committed to FAU.

"The campus is amazing, and the program is going in the right direction", Boyd told the Owl's Nest.

Prior to joining Bosco, Boyd had a successful career at St. Mary's High School in New York, where he scored over 1,000 career points. As a senior, the talented guard averaged 29 PPG in his final year in the Empire State.

On film, Boyd is a very smooth perimeter shooter with a very fluid lefty release. He is also a natural ball-handler. One would have to think his skills would be an instant replacement for Cornelius "Scuta" Taylor. The grad student averaged 12 points per game in his final year of eligibility.

Boyd reflected on the role a sharp-shooting point guard can have as college basketball continues to evolve.

"As a point guard, I think it is important to have a strong bond with my teammates to help the team win games", Boyd said. "I'm ready to come in and do whatever I need to help the team."

Boyd visited FAU in late February, attending the Owls' Bonus Play match up on February 27th against UTSA. The guard also fielded offers from Sacred Heart, Marist, and Tulsa.

Head Coach Dusty May has not been shy about playing true freshmen from the guard positions. DJ Robertson played in 28 games as a true freshmen. Blanche Ely product Michael Forrest saw plenty of playing time the year before.

Boyd will join Forward Giancarlo Rosado and Guard Johnnell Davis in FAU Basketball's 2020 Class.

Rosado played at nearby Palm Beach Lakes High School, where he was named the 2020 Palm Beach County 6A-7A Player of The Year. The 6"8' forward gives FAU an injection of much needed size with Aleksandar Zecevic graduating and Jaylen Sebree entering the transfer portal.

Rounding out the trio is 21st Century Charter School HS guard Johnnell Davis. Standing at 6"4' the Gary, Indiana native was recently named to the Indiana All-State team after averaging 32 PPG and 10 RPG in his senior season.
Back to the top

FAU made the commitment official yesterday. Boyd rounds up the 2020 Class for FAU Men's Basketball.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: