Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

May Stays! FAU Retains Dusty May as Head Coach

Add topic

What a year that no one saw coming…So proud of those young men. Coach too!

Maybe all us out of towners should pitch in for court side seats next year….

If everyone stays, it should be another wild ride. Of course the competition will be saving the date on their calendar….

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I’m excited for next season already. Even though that tournament may have given me high blood pressure I wouldn’t trade it. Some of these comments made me recall a few years ago, Dusty’s first year I believe, the team and coaches would stand by the doors and shake hands with fans and thank us for coming to the game. It made a really big impression on me at the time. And based on how the current players and Dusty have handled this unprecedented success it seems like we really do have a great culture at FAU. 
Back to the top

Side note people definitely are taking note of not just the team but the school. I’m up in Morgantown WV and cross paths with a lot of college students from WVU. So many have asked me about FAU and Boca, several have asked “is the school as nice as the commercials make it look” or “is the beach really only 2mile away”. It may not mean anything tangible but we shouldn’t have people saying “I’ve never heard of that school before” 
Back to the top

Owls2013 said

If we want a chance to keep this going…people need to get our players paid. We can let this run become some flash in pan like FGCU etc.

Posted On: Apr 3rd 2023, 8:31 AM #413894

From a distance, it looks like the team brought in a bunch of money to local bars and restaurants. I would hope some of them realize this as well.
Back to the top

Done deal! 10 years!

Back to the top

Great news! However many years we get I will absolutely take!
Back to the top

At this point, whatever we get is great, whether it's 1 year or 10 years. Glad we got it done! Now lets get these players paid.
Back to the top

owlmart said

At this point, whatever we get is great, whether it's 1 year or 10 years. Glad we got it done! Now lets get these players paid.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2023, 7:59 PM #413971

https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/status/1644847117133905925?s=46&t=B3bTHIEe8t6OfnHg5WEn2w

This is what we wanna hear for the players
Back to the top

The palm beach post is calling it:

"The contract, acquired by The Palm Beach Post, will pay May $1.25 million per year starting immediately and increase by 5 percent each year until 2033"
Back to the top

This is big….He most likely won't last 10 years at $1.25mil but he's ours for now…

Many thanks coach!
Back to the top
Control functions: