Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Meet Ty Robinson, 'the best-kept secret in the country'

Add topic

I mean where else was he going to go? Central Arkansas??? Maybe could have gotten some D1 offers late now that he opened back up but doubt anything as good as fau despite not having report with the current coach.
Back to the top

He has an 85 rating, and had two other programs after him as well before signing. Johnell and Alijah weren't even rated. Johnell only had offers from Kent State and Northern Illinois. Martin initially had a bunch of HBC before adding some SBC offers late. Common ground is that Dusty personally travelled to nook and cranny locations to see all of them play and offered all on the spot. But Dusty wanted Robinson so bad after seeing him that he set up an official and closed him in less than 2 weeks. He didn't do that with Davis or Martin. That's crazy timing, and you don't gamble like that on a HS kid unless you are absolutely sure you want him. I also trust May's evaluation hands down given the very similar recruiting process employed with all of them. Just my 2C…
Back to the top

Jim can elaborate if he would like to, but he just conversed with Robinson's HC and the list is LONG of schools who have already reached out to him in the last 24 hours. Jakus is on the scene 💯 but wouldn't say if Dusty was as well. Hope we can entice him back!
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3757

Robinson appears to be leaning to Central Arkansas. They were on him since the beginning. Not surprised either, people there are loyal. (unlike some other areas of the country).

On side note he has partnered up with a UNT commit.

Back to the top

Wonder if his "star" rating will improve now that more schools are on notice. Not great to lose him but I am sure Jakus will be a big-time recruiter for this program.
Back to the top

Yeah I'm actually really excited to see JJ work the recruiting trail here. I think Dusty is amazing at developing and building a gameplan that plays to the strengths of the team, but I'm pretty hyped to be making a bigger splash on the recruiting trail, especially in a sport like basketball that really can be driven by one or two star players.
Back to the top
Control functions: