Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's Basketball Coaching Search | Staff

Add topic

Not happening today, earliest is Thursday or Friday.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

FAU Leo said

What podcast?
Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 10:31 AM #423467
I think it was a Texas media crew that knew Jakus

Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 11:02 AM #423468
Awesome podcast. Thank you for sharing fanfan2017!

FAU basketball fans can put their fears to rest. This hire is a home run! Matter of fact, I believe that John is a much better hire than Dusty. And, don't get me wrong, Dusty did amazing things for FAU.

But, if I were given the choice to hire Dusty May or John Jakus, I would choose John Jakus 10 out of 10 times. John's connections with overseas players, the NBA, and his vision are just icing on the cake. Hearing John talk about FAU being the Zags of the "beach" makes me smile and feel much better about possibly losing a couple players. I know it's tough watching all of these players enter the portal, but I believe the way John explained on the podcast, makes us feel a little bit better.

I am extremely impressed with how John handles himself and how he talks about all of the people that got him where he is today. This guy is genuine, smart as hell, and I can't wait to see the teams he puts together. We as fans, need to give him the space to navigate through a very tough first few months. The portal and NIL have made coaching and building teams really difficult to navigate. And, I'm sure he will appreciate the support.

The future is super bright for FAU Basketball. I can't wait to see the results, because I know Brian not only hired a great guy/coach, but he hired an amazing person of Faith that loves his family and the game of basketball!! A huge thanks goes out to Brian White.

GO OWLS!!!!!  :smile:
Back to the top

Another great interview and think many of us can somewhat breathe a sigh of relief. Always tough to see key guys going in the portal with a lot of unknowns, but that has to be somewhat expected with a huge coaching change. Time will tell but just have to trust the process. I think we are in good hands.
Back to the top

great interview, FAU basketball is in good hands and it looks Jakus has everything under control.
He mentioned FAU will be building a practice facility?
Do we know anything about possibly expanding the Elly?
Back to the top

The practice facility is definitely in the plans.
Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball and Women”s Volleyball to name a few, all competing for practice time in the Elly.
Let’s wait and see if we can fill the Elly up again next year before talking about expansion.
Upgrades are on the way.
Back to the top

Why can't we announce the staff hires yet? The quietness of everything has felt strange
Back to the top

Rick said

Not happening today, earliest is Thursday or Friday.
Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 11:02 AM #423469

Probably looking at Monday from what I am hearing.
Back to the top

Is there a reason why we've been waiting to announce? Seems weird honestly.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Is there a reason why we've been waiting to announce? Seems weird honestly.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2024, 12:29 PM #423568
From what coach Jakus said on that podcast it's because not all of them havent signed their contracts.
Back to the top

Only part of it. Background checks, admin sign off, etc.
Back to the top
Control functions: