Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's Basketball Coaching Search | Staff

Add topic

Im here patiently waiting for the news. :cool:
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

faufan2017 said

FAU Leo said

What podcast?
Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 8:31 AM #423467
I think it was a Texas media crew that knew Jakus

Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 9:02 AM #423468
Awesome podcast. Thank you for sharing fanfan2017!

FAU basketball fans can put their fears to rest. This hire is a home run! Matter of fact, I believe that John is a much better hire than Dusty. And, don't get me wrong, Dusty did amazing things for FAU.

But, if I were given the choice to hire Dusty May or John Jakus, I would choose John Jakus 10 out of 10 times. John's connections with overseas players, the NBA, and his vision are just icing on the cake. Hearing John talk about FAU being the Zags of the "beach" makes me smile and feel much better about possibly losing a couple players. I know it's tough watching all of these players enter the portal, but I believe the way John explained on the podcast, makes us feel a little bit better.

I am extremely impressed with how John handles himself and how he talks about all of the people that got him where he is today. This guy is genuine, smart as hell, and I can't wait to see the teams he puts together. We as fans, need to give him the space to navigate through a very tough first few months. The portal and NIL have made coaching and building teams really difficult to navigate. And, I'm sure he will appreciate the support.

The future is super bright for FAU Basketball. I can't wait to see the results, because I know Brian not only hired a great guy/coach, but he hired an amazing person of Faith that loves his family and the game of basketball!! A huge thanks goes out to Brian White.

GO OWLS!!!!!  :smile:
Posted On: Apr 9th 2024, 9:58 AM #423472

I completely agree. I think JJ is going to take us to consistently greater heights than Dusty. Championship pedigree that will translate to success on the court. And honestly, we wouldn't be able to hire JJ if it wasn't for Dusty taking our program that was in shambles and spending six years turning into a nationally ranked contender, even more than Lane did for football. And our coaching train is going to look amazing with Dusty at U of M and now John Jakus here. Slowly turning into a destination school for coaches of all sports.
Back to the top

FAU Leo said

Im here patiently waiting for the news. :cool:
Posted On: Apr 15th 2024, 10:04 AM #423663

I keep coming back and checking, but impatiently.
Back to the top

I guess were not getting any news today....
Back to the top

peek
Back to the top

FAU Leo said

I guess were not getting any news today….
Posted On: Apr 15th 2024, 3:53 PM #423668

Just posted four of the names because Jeff Goodman leaked them. There are two more.

That aside, you need to get a VIP account  :Smug:

Back to the top

SCowl said

peek
Posted On: Apr 15th 2024, 4:04 PM #423670

This is great!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Backfilling the official announcements, first with Abernethy:

Back to the top

DPD, Demond Parker:

Back to the top