Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Players in the Transfer Portal

Add topic

Owl Ranger said

I know. And thatís what happens to Duncan Robinson. Michigan is listed as his college but he spent like 3 years at a D2 school that no one talks about
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 10:24 AM #423799

It's reversed to our situation…

Robinson was at DIII Williams for the 2013-2014 season and at Michigan for three years (2025 - 2018)

When people talk about Martin, Boyd, Davis, and Goldin they will assuredly say "as a guard / center for Dusty May's Final Four team at FAU"

They aren't going to say Nick Boyd, the SDSU great.

Or Alijah Martin, the Ole Miss standout.

#NotHappening

They may say Vlad Goldin, B10 2nd Team though  :Laughing:

Back to the top

Martin to UF:

Back to the top

Rick said

Owl Ranger said

I know. And thatís what happens to Duncan Robinson. Michigan is listed as his college but he spent like 3 years at a D2 school that no one talks about
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 10:24 AM #423799

It's reversed to our situation…

Robinson was at DIII Williams for the 2013-2014 season and at Michigan for three years (2025 - 2018)

When people talk about Martin, Boyd, Davis, and Goldin they will assuredly say "as a guard / center for Dusty May's Final Four team at FAU"

They aren't going to say Nick Boyd, the SDSU great.

Or Alijah Martin, the Ole Miss standout.

#NotHappening

They may say Vlad Goldin, B10 2nd Team though  :Laughing:

Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 11:11 AM #423800

In a lineup announcement and in programs, it will be at [position] from [last school, not FAU] [Name of Player].

Back to the top

Reports showing Johnell Davis was denied acceptance into Michigan. Davis hasnít earned his degree from FAU and didnít meet admission standards to transfer as an undergraduate (which is notoriously hard at Michigan).

Michigan peeps have to be fuming after losing out on Shannon Jr, Caleb Love, and now Johnell Davis.†
Back to the top

Owl4Life said

Reports showing Johnell Davis was denied acceptance into Michigan. Davis hasnít earned his degree from FAU and didnít meet admission standards to transfer as an undergraduate (which is notoriously hard at Michigan).

Michigan peeps have to be fuming after losing out on Shannon Jr, Caleb Love, and now Johnell Davis.†
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 4:38 PM #423818

Tough with a GPA below 2.7
Back to the top

Im really starting to get impatient with recruiting. We have like 1 player on our roster right now...I wish we could start hearing about a few commits.
Back to the top

Boyd will not do anything great and average 6ppg. He will get buried on the depth chart, †he regressed, †I know he was injured but he was a spot up mid level shooter. †Rosado lost something and tbh he was a non factor for us, †Carrol was hungrier than he was and it showed.†

Martin is chasing dollars and maybe betting on himself. †He got some draft asvice and they probably told him if he can do what he did at FAU at a Power 5 he can get drafted. † He will be a 10 ppg guy unless he gets ass many touches as possible, and thatís not happening at UF. † Davis will test the nba and if he gets drafted will fade into obscurity. †Heís a mid average athlete with a jumper, †I can see him getting eaten alive in the NBA. †Goldin is the only player that has a shot at the next level, he can benefit the most going to a bigger school with an expanded role.

Dusty may got the best out of mid players, †and let his year shows how that can wear off fast and reality can set in. Tbh itís best to reset, †bring in better talent and start fresh. †The monkey player who will shine and grow is Goldin, †the rest will be back at FAU seeking redemption after getting booed at for bad play. †

We allowed Dusty and the players to be average and bad, †at real schools with real money you canít just do things all relaxed. I am glad we had our run, we need to somehow sustain the hype.†

White is on the clock, we need a quick vision of where we want to be. †I hear crickets, †the moment Jakus does ok he will be gone also.
Back to the top

That's quite the critique of players who beat some very good teams including Kansas State, Arizona, T A&M, Tennessee, and Memphis - and played incredibly well doing it.

I will say Jakus did sign an exceptionally aggressive contract with us. His buyout starts at 3.5M and drops by .7M every year. Sure he might be gone if he's successful, but the barrier for leaving is a lot higher than it was for Dusty.
Back to the top

Yeah, a wee bit harsh! 😭

Still disappointed that the three-o left but it is what it is.

If they had left after graduating it would be totally different. Go somewhere else in your graduate year, but honestly have to agree on the prognosis for the most part - Davis aside.

His draft write-ups clearly indicate that he has some skills that are desirable. Will a team take a chance on him in the draft? First I thought yes, now I think he will likely be offered an UDFA contract to see if he can continue to produce at a higher level of play.

Of course, he may opt to go to Kentucky and continue to hone the craft as well. But that would seem a gamble. We went from CUSA to ACC and he did improve. Going from AAC to SEC not so sure that will happen.
Back to the top

Any idea when we can expect the roster to take shape Rick?
Back to the top
Control functions: