Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Players in the Transfer Portal

Add topic

Faster than before they finally announced they aren't coming back. Held hostage with placards until that happened.

Should be something coming, when I honestly do not know. Lots of moving parts to the portal, and it is like speed dating.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

What a way to ruin a weekend in Boca!
They are all gone officially it appears.

JJ really has his hands full, but I understand the basketball portion of the collective has some serious NIL money to distribute.
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 9:38 AM #423798
I think with the NIL money we have available and those players not returning, JJ will start to build a lineup of competitive players.
Back to the top

Its insane tbh because if we had a serious arsenal of NIL money - I don't understand how we lost Boyd to SDSU
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Its insane tbh because if we had a serious arsenal of NIL money - I don't understand how we lost Boyd to SDSU

Posted On: Apr 22nd 2024, 2:33 AM #423832

Itís simple. Their coach leftÖ.

Many want a fresh start heading into their final year, and they feel that their new place will give them their best shot at success.†

Itís a golden opportunity to ďcash inĒ on their final four clout and get money from an interested university as well.†
Back to the top

Iím fine with Boyd leaving tbh I donít think weíre losing a lot there. Iím bummed about Golidn, Davis and Martin though. Lorient too would have been nice to see how he developed. Oh well on to the next!
Back to the top

At least we have clarity and can move on! TBH the team probably maxed out here, and it seemed at times their focus was elsewhere (Dusty even alluded to it), which is not surprising considering how things are unfolding. Be grateful for the two greatest sports seasons in school history and move on.
Back to the top

Posted on March Madness Men's Basketball Facebook Page:

Boh

:Crying2:  :Crying2:  :Crying2:
Back to the top

I did see one or two other players FAU has shown interest in within the portal, including one from Alabama. Know that itís happening and the 10 or so to be vacated roster slots will be filled.†

Probably going to continue to get worse before it gets better as our former team signs on with new schools, but it will turn and we will have a number of new names to get familiar with.†

Which D1 kids will roll with us? Will Jordan Fee have any insight into overlooked D2 players who can come and make an impact? What about the Juco transfers and a revamped recruiting class?

Trying to focus on those opportunities as we see the transition of the team that put us on the map into their next steps.
Back to the top

Rick said

Owl4Life said

Reports showing Johnell Davis was denied acceptance into Michigan. Davis hasnít earned his degree from FAU and didnít meet admission standards to transfer as an undergraduate (which is notoriously hard at Michigan).

Michigan peeps have to be fuming after losing out on Shannon Jr, Caleb Love, and now Johnell Davis.†
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 4:38 PM #423818

Tough with a GPA below 2.7
Posted On: Apr 21st 2024, 4:55 PM #423819

Michigan is also protective of granting their degree to students who earned a majority of their credits somewhere else. While there may be a GPA issue, it very well could be that they wouldn't accept a number of his credits.
Back to the top

We should grab a few international players if we can. Grab a few steals and hopefully have something we can build on for season two. So far I'm not very excited about the state of our roster
Back to the top
Control functions: