Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011-2012 Men's Basketball Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2011-2012 Men's Basketball Schedule

So have we, from atop the hype pile.

Never thought we would be looking at 4-10 midway through the season…….
Back to the top

Rick said

I didn't see it being this bad either.  I said Royster would be a bigger deal than people realized but thought we had enough talent to still win, especially in the Belt.  Wtihout the development of White we have no presence in the paint which makes for a very inconsistant style of play where we just chuck it for the cheap seats all night.

Watching the Siena game it was obvious that we cant defend the paint as they drove right down the middle of the it thier last 7 or 8 possesions and killed us.  Not to mention coach got flat out outcoached.

I hope this Dragon kid is as good as some of you think he is going to be.  Looking at him, he isn't exactly physically impressive.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

I didn't see it being this bad either.  I said Royster would be a bigger deal than people realized but thought we had enough talent to still win, especially in the Belt.  Wtihout the development of White we have no presence in the paint which makes for a very inconsistant style of play where we just chuck it for the cheap seats all night.

Watching the Siena game it was obvious that we cant defend the paint as they drove right down the middle of the it thier last 7 or 8 possesions and killed us.  Not to mention coach got flat out outcoached.

I hope this Dragon kid is as good as some of you think he is going to be.  Looking at him, he isn't exactly physically impressive.

Dragan Sekelja is not going to bully around a 6'10" 300lb guy like UM's Reggie Johnson, but he will make a huge difference in the middle.  Baylor recruited him, that tells you something.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

walty12 said

Rick said

Dragan Sekelja is not going to bully around a 6'10" 300lb guy like UM's Reggie Johnson, but he will make a huge difference in the middle.   Baylor recruited him, that tells you something.

He left Baylor…that tells me something.

Back to the top

He left 14-0 Baylor with 6'11" sophomore All American candidate Perry Jones on the court…don't hold that against him
Back to the top

For a guy who is 7-0' he can move nicely...

That's half the battle when you get that tall; and you can't teach it.

There is not much up on him on the net aside from a lengthy video interview in Croatian.

But, there is on clip where he spins and goes to the basket:

If you imagine the guy defending him being about 5 inches smaller (as will most guys that will be defending him in the Belt), it isn't hard to phathom this move getting him 10 points a night no problem. Either by sinking it, or going to the line after getting hacked...

Back to the top

walty12 said

BeastOwl said

walty12 said

Rick said

Dragan Sekelja is not going to bully around a 6'10" 300lb guy like UM's Reggie Johnson, but he will make a huge difference in the middle.   Baylor recruited him, that tells you something.

He left Baylor…that tells me something.

We don't know all of the circumstances as to why he left Baylor.  But he was highly touted overseas and decided to come stateside to play college ball.  He will make a big difference in the middle.
  Is he the 2nd coming of Lew Alcindor, NO. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Its just funny to hear you say Baylor recruited him he has to be good.  I am from Texas and Baylor isnt exactly known as a school that has great athletic programs.  Must say they are having a great year though.  But for decades they were the door mat in basketball and football of the Big XII (sort of like Vanderbilt but probably worse).  I have a feeling thier football team will be bad again when RGIII leaves…it'll be another mysterious case of coaches forgetting how to coach.

Anyway, I am interested in seeing him play but nowhere near sold he is the answer in the paint.  Nice Lew Alcindor reference btw, didn't know that is how he spells his first name.  I would have went with…he is no Ronnie Coleman but hey  ;D.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

He left 14-0 Baylor with 6'11" sophomore All American candidate Perry Jones on the court…don't hold that against him

First, if you're a good 7 footer there is ALWAYS room for you on the court.  Second, I had to listen to you talk about Sammy Hernandez for months afer transferring from George Mason and he was as good as you promised…so I guess you were correct.  Lastly, You want to grab lunch tomorrow?

Back to the top

the guy saw what was ahead, he's going to get 6 minutes a game playing behind a freaky good player, its not his fault he wanted to make an impact on a team somewhere.

I'm only eating lunch with you if you bring Adam.

Sammy Hernandez could've turned this team around!  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: