2021 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread
FINAL | #LaTech 75 - #FAU 69— FAU Owl's Nest (@FAU_Owls_Nest) March 12, 2021
Heartbreak in Frisco. The Owls fall in the #CUSA Quarterfinals in one of the hardest fought games in recent memory.
We are so incredibly proud of the effort displayed tonight. @FAUMBB made #OwlNation proud! @CoachDustyMay has the Owls on the RISE! pic.twitter.com/VG8cPvaHd0
- Michael Forrest capped off his junior season with a 22 point outing. He was 7-7 from the field, including 6-6 from three, going all the way until midway though the second half before missing a shot.
- On the FAU Radio Network, Coach Dusty May said if Forrest continues on this path, then "he should go down as one of the best players to ever put on an Owls uniform."
- Redshirt senior Jailyn Ingram played his best game since sustaining an injury a month ago against UTSA. He scored 15, including three clutch three pointers.
- The game was with 2:14 remaining thanks to a Karlis Silins put-back layup. LaTech would go on to shoot and convert six straight free throws from that moment on to punch their ticket to the semis.
- FAU has not advanced to the semifinals of a conference tournament since winning the A-Sun Championship in 2002.
- Speaking of Karlis Silins, he was third in scoring and second in rebounds with 12 and 5, respectively. He saw limited time due to a pair of early first half fouls and eventually fouled out with a minute remaining in his final collegiate game.
- Despite the loss, FAU can claim their third straight winning season for the first time since becoming a DI program. Head Coach Dusty May has been at the helm for all three years.
- May closed his interview with Ken LaVicka saying "We definitely earned respect. We belong. People know that they're going to get a battle whenever they have Florida Atlantic on their schedule. And now it's time for us as a program to take the next step forward."