Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ North Florida - December 7, 2020

Add topic

FAU Men's Basketball Takes on the Ospreys

What: Florida Atlantic (2-2) vs. North Florida (0-5)

When: Monday, December 7, @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: UNF Arena

Series: The Owls own a 4-0 series edge over the Ospreys.

UNF Team Site: Here

TV: None

Stream: ESPN+ *Subscription Required

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

UNF at a Glance:

Offense - 61.8 PPG, 38.3% FG, 34.8% 3PT

Defense - 82.8 PPGA, 45.7% FGA, 28.5% 3PTA

Rebounding - 34.6 RPG Ospreys, 41.6 RPG Opponents

Notables

Playing in their fifth consecutive road clash, UNF battled against High Point on Saturday afternoon but came up short in a 85-74 loss. North Florida faces its third mid-major foe of the season having dropped games vs Eastern Kentucky and High Point earlier this year. The Ospreys are 42-24 (63.6%) versus non-conference D1 mid-majors during Coach Matthew Driscoll's 12-year tenure.

The Sun Belt's coaches and media poll both tabbed the Ospreys to finish 4th in the conference. Junior Forward Carter Hendricksen was a unanimous choice for preseason All-Conference after finishing his sophomore campaign ranked among the league leaders in scoring (14.9 PPG) and rebounding (7.1 RPG).

Source: North Florida Media Relations

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 81.8 PPG, 45.4% FG, 39.2% 3PT

Defense - 58.3 PPGA, 36.5% FGA, 32.2% 3PTA

Rebounding - 42.5 RPG Owls, 34.8 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Owls evened their record at 2-2 with a record-breaking performance against Florida National Thursday night at FAU Arena. It was the first time FAU has appeared at The Burrow this season and it was memorable.

The Owls defeated the Conquistadors 128-64, setting school records for points in a game, points in a half, field goals made and 3-point field goals made. They also set numerous FAU Arena records in the dismantling of Florida National.

Freshman Alijah Martin has made an impact off the bench through this young season. He scored 21 points behind 5-of-12 shooting from 3-point range vs. Florida National for his first double-digit scoring outing as a collegian. He has scored at least one 3-pointer in each game. He’s also been active on the boards, ranking second on the team with 4.8 rebounds per game, despite playing just 13.2 minutes per game.

The Owls will be looking for their first true road victory of the season and their first win over an NCAA Division I opponent.

Source: FAU Media Relations

Latest Line: FAU -3

Back to the top

UNF leading scorer F Carter Hendrickson (16 PPG) will be out tonight due to injury. Stepping up in his absence has been F Josh Endicott who scored 18 points in the Ospreys recent loss to High Point. Looking forward to seeing if FAU can keep the momentum up as matchups vs UF and NC State are closing in.
Back to the top

Like Ryan said, UNF will be without the top scorer tonight. Shouldn't be any excuses to not win tonight TBH.

Tipoff is in a half hour.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

This seems like it will be the go-to starting line-up for Dusty May's Owls.

Back to the top

Haven't seen the Owls look so confused against the zone in some time. Thankfully the FAU defense has stepped up to force multiple turnovers to make up for the offensive confusion.

And yes, I'm talking about the basketball team, not the football team.  :Laughing:

Back to the top

Good defense transitioning into lovely offense!

Back to the top

We've hit the break in Jacksonville. FAU hasn't looked back since taking the lead from their 11-0 run, but UNF is clawing back following a three at the buzzer.

Back to the top

Nicholas Boyd with the put-back!

Back to the top

Karlis is having himself a DAY!

Owls lead UNF late.

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

Forrest missed a pair at the charity stripe late, but the Owls defense stepped up! Absolutely no open looks for UNF as they attempted their would-be go-ahead possession.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020-21 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top
Control functions: