Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME WEEK CAPSULE: FAU vs. MTSU | WKU - Jan 26th & 28th, 2023

Add topic

Head coach Dusty May and guards Johnell Davis and Nick Boyd feature postgame!

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Great game! Incredible atmospheres against UNT and tonight was even better. Who knew FAU basketball would become the toughest ticket in south Florida?
Posted On: Jan 26th 2023, 9:46 PM #412119

Hopefully it leads to a new or expanded arena. A little over 3000 as a sellout crowd is very low.  Had to turn students away because of the small arena.  Really hoping a contingency of the aac invite for us and UTSA is improving the basketball arenas.

Just worried once May leaves it will be hard to recruit anyone to those facilities.   He's done an exceptional job with less resources
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Just worried once May leaves…

Was just thinking this last night, how long before a bigger school and a bigger paycheck takes him away?

Back to the top

SCowl said

SeminOwl28 said

Was just thinking this last night, how long before a bigger school and a bigger paycheck takes him away?

Posted On: Jan 27th 2023, 9:39 AM #412123

Same, same. Hopefully this isn't his ticket to UF or some other P5 school. Time to give him a raise and extension. I'm cool with being a basketball school if we can sustain this.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

SCowl said

SeminOwl28 said

Same, same. Hopefully this isn't his ticket to UF or some other P5 school. Time to give him a raise and extension. I'm cool with being a basketball school if we can sustain this.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2023, 10:01 AM #412124

The best thing is we don't have to worry about that now. We are a basketball school until further notice 🔥
Back to the top

David Slavic said

SCowl said

SeminOwl28 said

Football is the money maker and way more important sport. I'm enjoying this year in basketball but I'd definitely take football success over this

Question is why not get both ?  They need to capitalize off of this season and build a respectable arena with normal capacity.  I see some social media bragging about 3k attendance being a sellout as a big deal.   It's actually embarrassing that D3 colleges and some high schools can get bigger attendance.

Going to AAC now so can't operate like a cusa school going forward .  I'm thinking they know this
Back to the top

Schools that are not in the Power 5 are going to be targeted for coaches in any sport.
No sense trying to list all of the examples, it is just reality and finances will always dictate.
Nick Saban left Michigan State for LSU! Power 5 to Power 5.
Enjoy the ride and hope for the best.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Schools that are not in the Power 5 are going to be targeted for coaches in any sport.
No sense trying to list all of the examples, it is just reality and finances will always dictate.
Nick Sabin left Michigan State for LSU! Power 5 to Power 5.
Enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

Posted On: Jan 27th 2023, 12:40 PM #412127

Schools that are in the P5 and NBA are subject to poaching. This is the world we live in - nothing wrong with it.

Let's just enjoy and ride the Owl wave!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Richard said

David Slavic said

SCowl said

SeminOwl28 said

The best thing is we don't have to worry about that now. We are a basketball school until further notice 🔥
Posted On: Jan 27th 2023, 10:13 AM #412125

Basketball is the #OG sport, I remember the TAAC  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Oh man, that's going back a ways…to my time on staff!

:Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: