Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs FIU - January 14 & 16, 2021

Add topic

You love to see it
Back to the top

Lose this game and heads are going to roll! 

😄
Back to the top

One of the best halves in program history. And the team is making it look like it's business as usual.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Giancarlo Rosado, the local lad, gets in on the show against his hometown team's rival.

Back to the top

Wow.. triple digits!

Back to the top

OWLS WIN! WOW, what a pair of games from this team!

Back to the top

Way to go coach and players. Looks like the hard work is starting to pay off. Proud to see FAU basketball having success. Wish i coild have seen this game
Back to the top

Way to go Owls.  It looks like some of the Owl’s victories over the NAIA teams this season. Lol!!

I haven’t visited the FIU forum in years. Do they still have a message board? 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Yes, but it has been broken for a while.
Back to the top

FAU sweeps rival FIU for the first time since 2017, improving to 2-2 in C-USA play in the process.

Here are some Quick Hits from the Owls' dominating 107-63 victory over FIU.

Quick Hits

• Michael Forrest nets a season-high 27 points, his most since January of 2019 vs. Marshall. He reflected on battling his recent struggles, saying "Lately have been trying to get more focused outside of practice, get my priorities straight." When asked the old mantra, if a shooter has to keep shooting, he smiled and said "of course, always!"

• May's Belief in Forrest was on display in the postgame press conference. "He is the best returning shooter in our league," May emphasized in praise of his junior guard. "He might have a bad game… But we knew the way Mike works, and his character and resolve, that he will have big games."

• Everett Winchester had his best performance in an Owls uniform, earning his first career double-double with 12 points and 14 rebounds. "It has been a tough road, honestly," Winchester said, referring to his two knee surgeries. "But I have one of the best coaching staffs. And my teammates helped me through it to get my confidence back." Winchester also claimed back-to-back double-digit scoring performances for the first time this season.

• Nicholas Boyd continues to impress. The freshman's 11 points sets a new career-high against Division I opponents. His previous record was set last Thursday at FIU with eight point. He now leads FAU freshman in scoring.

• Largest Margin of Victory in FAU vs. FIU series history. The record was previously held by FIU with a 32-point win in 1998. FAU's previous largest margin of victory vs. FIU was set in 2008 by a difference of 27 points.

• On Beating a Rival, Dusty May said "It's always very important to the students, the fans, and the alumni because of how much each school dislikes the other school. So it's important that we understood that this is not a normal game. We have to go into full all-hands-on-deck to find a way to win these two basketball games.

• Negativity Regarding the Program was evident following the team's 0-3 trip in Virginia. "We're not gonna lie and say we don't see it," May said. As an Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Pacers fan, he understands the sense of frustration. "That doesn't bother us either way. We are playing for each other, for the love of the game, for the university. And (outside negativity) is just part of athletics."

NEXT: FAU will host an inconsistent Charlotte program for a two-game set. Opening tip for game one will come Friday, January 22, at 7 P.M.

Back to the top
Control functions: