Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ADT Makes Major Gift; Moves Former Fenway Park Clock to FAU Stadium

Add topic

Re: ADT Makes Major Gift; Moves Former Fenway Park Clock to FAU Stadium

owlfamily said

Very cool picutes,

Will it be up for Saturday's game?

Yes.
Back to the top

Once I win the powerball tonight and take care of The Owls Nest with a large donation, I will also be making a sizable donation to the athletics department lol. That clock is nice but with my donation, I think we could do better lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Once I win the powerball tonight and take care of The Owls Nest with a large donation…

:D

From your mouth to God's ears!

GO JAB!

Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Once I win the powerball tonight and take care of The Owls Nest with a large donation…

:D

From your mouth to God's ears!

GO JAB!

Sorry Rick! no dice >:(

Out of my 5 tickets I got 1 number on 2 tickets. I'll wait till it grows to a large jackpot and try again

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Sorry Rick! no dice >:(

Out of my 5 tickets I got 1 number on 2 tickets. I'll wait till it grows to a large jackpot and try again

It's the thought that counts!

;)
Back to the top

They have the clock half way up.

Attachment
141 views (2 Mb)
Back to the top

Oh its going outside? I guess itll be a good tailgate timer.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Oh its going outside? I guess itll be a good tailgate timer.

Diagonal from where we tailgate.  We get to stare at it every home game!
Back to the top

Here's FAU's full release issued today…

The Florida Atlantic University athletics department recently received a gift of $500,000 for its on-campus stadium from Boca Raton-based ADT. In appreciation, a large clock featuring the company’s iconic blue logo will be mounted on the exterior of FAU Stadium, which welcomes thousands of guests at football games and other events throughout the year.

“I would like to express my sincere appreciation to ADTfor this gift,” said FAU President Mary Jane Saunders. “We are proud to display the ADT clock at our stadium, where it will serve as a constant reminder of the company’s generous contribution to FAU.”

The ADT clock, an emblem of the company’s support of its hometown university, was originally installed at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, during the famed ballpark’s 99th anniversary year. A ceremony to celebrate the clock’s new location at FAU Stadium will take place on Saturday, December 1 at 2 p.m., prior to the FAU vs. University of Louisiana at Lafayette football game. ADT Vice President of Consumer Marketing Lewis Long will present Saunders with a check on the field during halftime.

“We are proud to have such a famous piece of ADT history in one of the newest college football stadiums in the country,” said ADT Chief Marketing and Customer Relations Officer Tony Wells. “Contributing to the communities where we live and work is important to all of us at ADT. We look forward to a long and successful relationship with FAU as we expand our presence in Boca Raton.”

ADT also has signed a sponsorship agreement, which recognizes the company as the exclusive security provider of FAU athletics. As part of the sponsorship, the ADT logo will be featured on all football coaches’ headsets. In addition, FAU and ADT will collaborate on an internship program for student athletes and on other academic activities at FAU.
The ADT Corporation recently became a public company trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ADT.” Founded in 1874, ADT is one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the security industry, with 6.4 million customers.
Back to the top

Rick said

ADT also has signed a sponsorship agreement, which recognizes the company as the exclusive security provider of FAU athletics.

So ADT, about that stadium name……

The Owls "secure" another victory and "protect" their home field at ADT field in Boca Raton, FL.

I think that has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say?

Back to the top
Control functions: