Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Amazing Lee Street pictures

Add topic

Courtesy of Florida_Owl:

Overall sign:

Close-up on retail:

Close-up on residence:

All I can say is… if they're able to reproduce what they've sketched here… daaamn.
Back to the top

Re: Amazing Lee Street pictures

Amazing Lee Street pictures

is that mizner or fau?
Back to the top

How likely is it that these pictures are going to match the finished product? From what I have read these have been made/drawn to attract donors. I am going to take a wait and see approach until the actual plans are released.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

is that mizner or fau?

Actually, Mizner Park was named after Addison Mizner. The Architect that basically created the Spanish Revival architecture that Boca Raton is know for (and Palm Beach of course). So it would make perfect sense if this effort took on some design DNA from Mizner (and the unique affluent area FAU is a part of). There, history lesson over…back to sleep. ;D

I love the sign…it shows progress!

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

Lago said

How likely is it that these pictures are going to match the finished product? From what I have read these have been made/drawn to attract donors. I am going to take a wait and see approach until the actual plans are released.

I'd love for these pictures to match the final product and considering that we live in Boca and the construction documents clearly state that they want to "establish a new urban venacular" it may very well end up this way. However, the two images on residential housing are so different… one actually looks like the current FAU buildings and one looks like Mizner. I guess time will tell. What I'd like to know what that small structure is – the one that looks like a lighthouse south of the west Innovation Village (IV) apartments….
Back to the top

I have my doubts...but if it brings in willing cash supporters, they can show whatever pictures they want!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The overall picture does not match the residential picture. I hope they do use the Mizner style. It would set FAU apart.
Back to the top

i'm just glad more housing is going up. the more people on campus 24/7 the better it will be for the school.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i'm just glad more housing is going up. the more people on campus 24/7 the better it will be for the school.

Brogan said 5k capacity soon…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Exit39 said

Brogan said 5k capacity soon…

5500 if you include the 500 Greeks for Greek Housing…
Back to the top
Control functions: