Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anything New on the Stadium?

Add topic

Re: Anything New on the Stadium?

Have every student enrolled get a shovel for bonus credit hours, faculty can get some stimulus money and alumni for discount season tickets, we'll have that bitch up in a week like extreme makeover.
Back to the top

If I need to go to Boca and move some dirt, my god I'll be there.  We need this stadium!
Back to the top

Iam in too!
I will work 10 hours per week for free to get that freaking stadium built.
A 20K stadium is the way to go for FAU. Make it expandable and you'll see how the fans start coming and the new recruits can see something tangible.
GO OWLS!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

Iam in too!
A 20K stadium is the way to go for FAU. Make it expandable and you'll see how the fans start coming and the new recruits can see something tangible.
GO OWLS!

A set-up like Western Kentucky's would be nice if we're going with 20k seats.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

AlexFAU06 said

Iam in too!
GO OWLS!

A set-up like Western Kentucky's would be nice if we're going with 20k seats.

We have a 20k stadium already.  It's called Lockhart.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Yeah, but that's in Ft. Lauderdale…..We want it ON-CAMPUS!!!
Back to the top

The said

fauowl said

My point is this:

It seems as if many of us are willing to now accept a crappy on-campus stadium just to say we have an on-campus stadium, but really, what does that do for us?

I am willing to wait a couple years for a better stadium.

We were knocking everyone's crappy on-campus stadiums when we thought we were getting a great one and now are willing to settle.

The argument has been that more students and fans will attend "just because" it is on-campus.  I am not sure that is true.  I think if we were to win a ton of games next year, we would see Lockhart start to fill up.  People want a winning team.  I think we are letting our emotions dictate our desire for a stadium so we can brag that we finally have a stadium.

This post is for arguments sake.  I want an on-campus stadium in the worst way.  Not sure I want to settle for just anything, however.

I think a lousy on-campus stadium will be worse for us in the long run.  Because once we build a lousy on-campus stadium…that is what we will end up with for a very long time.  At least at Lockhart we can say, we are working on a great stadium for our campus.

Back to the top

fauowl said

My point is this:
It seems as if many of us are willing to now accept a crappy on-campus stadium just to say we have an on-campus stadium, but really, what does that do for us?

It's mostly a recruiting thing. Not just for athletes but general students as well. When you drive down Lee Street and see that stadium, the campus seems even more like a traditional campus. That's the biggest knock against us right now… we're not providing X,Y,Z and so the good students tend to go elsewhere.

fauowl said

The argument has been that more students and fans will attend "just because" it is on-campus.  I am not sure that is true.

Honestly it isn't – the attendance issue in the the Burrow is a perfect example of why "build it and they will come" isn't a good argument.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The said

fauowl said

My point is this:

I am willing to wait a couple years for a better stadium.

We were knocking everyone's crappy on-campus stadiums when we thought we were getting a great one and now are willing to settle.

The argument has been that more students and fans will attend "just because" it is on-campus.  I am not sure that is true.  I think if we were to win a ton of games next year, we would see Lockhart start to fill up.  People want a winning team.  I think we are letting our emotions dictate our desire for a stadium so we can brag that we finally have a stadium.

This post is for arguments sake.  I want an on-campus stadium in the worst way.  Not sure I want to settle for just anything, however.

I think a lousy on-campus stadium will be worse for us in the long run.  Because once we build a lousy on-campus stadium…that is what we will end up with for a very long time.  At least at Lockhart we can say, we are working on a great stadium for our campus.

The bolded is true, BUT we are also hurting NOW becaue of Lockhart. Lots of recrutis are playing in better/nicer fields then lockhart at the high school level. As we all know Lockhart is PRIMARILY a high school venue. FIU will VERY soorn overtake us with thier new facilites in terms of recrutis. It aint all that much farther to drive down to FIU then it is to FAU. If they start to win consistently it might get ugly.

With the success weve had its given us an edge, but without a good close facility we will loose it damn fast.

Its not the size thats criticial, its the location, condition, and concept on campus thats holding it back.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Let's hope Frnatz Joseph gets drafted, signs right away and give a portion of his money to fund the stadium.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top
Control functions: