Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium: 2010?

Add topic

Re: FAU Stadium: 2010?

FORGET! about Lockhart.
The focus should be ONLY on our future on-campus stadium.
Let the school figure this out, but DON'T stop putting pressure on FAU's upper management.
Do what you do best like going to games and support your team 100%.
Everything will fall in place, but for now WE (fans) have to wait simply because the timing is wrong and we have no other choice.
At least we have a sunbelt title and 2 bowl titles.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owl09 said

i was pretty harsh… i apologize

my point was this: we're all FAU fans… those of us who go to every single game, good for us… those who don't but find other ways to support the program, good for them…

i just don't think this is any point in our programs time when fans can turn against each other…

great point and i completely agree and would add that we also can not turn against the school which we support
Back to the top

With all of the bailout money being passed around, FAU needs to request 10M to cover the start-up financing and that would then quickly blossom into a 62M stadium/campus housing project, not to bad of a return on a 10M "investment"!
It would aid both FAU and Boca and the entire Gold Coast region economy. A very good use of some of that 850 Billion being passed out for various economic stimulus project. In fact 10M is just a drop in the bucket compared to all of that cash and would create lots of jobs, both immediate construction and long term as well!
On top of all that, then there is no need to sell off the rental income from the student housing, creating again lots of long term additional revenue for the school!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

FIU already had a stadium on campus. They just refurbished it. High school teams play there. So in all fairness, FIU head a head start for the on-campus stadium. And even though you mentioned it, I think we can't downplay the point that they already had a structure there.

If we put $5 million in to Lockhart, it would look like FIU's stadium, IMO.

With all due respect…have you been to FIU Stadium to make such a comment?

Also, remember the fact FIU moved and paid for the retrofit of the stadium to land, straddling FIU and county land back in the day, since they already had a plan, in 1995, to add a football program.  So, it was a very astute strategic plan by FIU administrators to start "owning" a stadium even before it had a football team, but with eyes set on that notion.
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

With all due respect…have you been to FIU Stadium to make such a comment?

Also, remember the fact FIU moved and paid for the retrofit of the stadium to land, straddling FIU and county land back in the day, since they already had a plan, in 1995, to add a football program.  So, it was a very astute strategic plan by FIU administrators to start "owning" a stadium even before it had a football team, but with eyes set on that notion.

Yes,

This is the type of foresight that FAU should of had, instead they got a quick fix with Dolphin and then once that went south from a financial standpoint HAD to go into lockhart.

Full props to FIU, they had a long term plan for thier stadium, while FAU didnt and now enjoy the benefits of its effects on students and recruits.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hey B-rider… I really do not care what you perceive as a fan or not.  I was in fau cafeteria listening to schelly rant when he stood on a tree trunk and didn't even have players yet.  I am as big a fau fan as there is, but I choose not to support things I disagree with (which is playing at lockhart).  And after attending fiu for law school and watching their stadium go up while our administration kept talking, I just do not have a great desire to sit at a high school stadium any longer. Schnelly deserves better, the players deserve better, the students deserve better, and the alumni deserve better. By the way, let me know when your attendance helps the stadium gets built faster.
Back to the top

I think there will be a day we all look back on the days at Lockhart and laugh.  To miss games now just because of the stadium we play at?  Just seems like you are cheating yourself…FAU's program will go on to great things with or without you in the stands.  You really believe you will be happy with your decision to miss all these great games and moments because you feel like our temporary stadium isn't up to your standards as a fan?  I bet you regret it one day.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I think there will be a day we all look back on the days at Lockhart and laugh.

Everytime we play at Lockhart, I laugh  ;D.

sirwgula,
You can do whatever you want to support the team.  I won't judge how you do it.

Of course Shnelly deserves better, but it could be much worse.  We could have a crappy product on the field and we do not.

It takes a long time to get a stadium.  Look at Louisville.  Howard pushed and pushed and could not get it while he was there.  It will get done.  Keep supporting the Owls!!!
Back to the top

My point about the FIU stadium wasn't that it's not a well done or well thought out plan, but the point I was trying to make was that FAU has nothing to start with and FIU had something.

FAU is doing great things in Lockhart, and I'm not doubting that we could do better things with an on-campus stadium.

But for those that are blaming FAU 100% for not having a stadium …. I think that's unfair. It's a topic that many of us may or may not ever agree on. And that's fine.

And not to call out any one person in particular… and i can't because I don't know your real names…. but my question in GENERAL is this: How many fans that are "critics" of FAU actually financially support the university athletics and/or alumni endeavours through membership in the Owl Club and/or FAUNAA?

Again, not calling out anyone specifically because I don't know who you are personally other than a very knowledable and passionate fan on this board.

But criticizing FAU's financial mistakes and not willing to help them (in a small way) financially is like criticizing the American voters for electing a president you didn't like … but not voting yourself on election day.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

My point about the FIU stadium wasn't that it's not a well done or well thought out plan, but the point I was trying to make was that FAU has nothing to start with and FIU had something.

FAU is doing great things in Lockhart, and I'm not doubting that we could do better things with an on-campus stadium.

But for those that are blaming FAU 100% for not having a stadium …. I think that's unfair. It's a topic that many of us may or may not ever agree on. And that's fine.

And not to call out any one person in particular… and i can't because I don't know your real names…. but my question in GENERAL is this: How many fans that are "critics" of FAU actually financially support the university athletics and/or alumni endeavours through membership in the Owl Club and/or FAUNAA?

Again, not calling out anyone specifically because I don't know who you are personally other than a very knowledable and passionate fan on this board.

But criticizing FAU's financial mistakes and not willing to help them (in a small way) financially is like criticizing the American voters for electing a president you didn't like … but not voting yourself on election day.

EXACTLY!!!
How many of you can run an University with 27K students and come up with the money for a football stadium on its 8th season.
People wake up! FIU had a football stadium on campus and they have 11K more students than we do. We are going through rough times in this country.
If you are sooo smart please get 10 million now for ground breaking. Moreover, how many of you support the school financially?
Haven't you notice that UM (5 national champ's), USF top 25 program for 2 years in a row don't have an on campus stadium. I am not saying that FAU has to follow this trend, but we have to wait. There is NO money and I don't think a football stadium is a top priority by the way things are right now. Don't get me wrong because I also want the stadium more than anyone, but let the school figure it out and keep pushing for it until you drop.

GO OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: