Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium: 2010?

Add topic

Re: FAU Stadium: 2010?

AlexFAU06 said

sirwgula said

I am very confident FAU will average 20k or more a game once the stadium is located on campus.  While many of you disagree with my boycott of lockhart (which I understand, but will continue to do), I think there are many people with the same attitude I have.  I know many others myself. Once the stadium is built, people like myself will return to a stadium which  provides a college experience. More students on campus will attend.  People in Boca will identify it as their team more, and you will see more locals attend. I think 20K a game the first year is a safe bet.

That's sad to hear man, I hope there are no more fans like you, which took the desicion of not showing at games because of Lockhart.
FAU has averaged 20K fans several times and yes you are right that once the school gets the on-campus stadium; FAU could easily draw 25K+ fans.

Please FAU start something small ON-CAMPUS.!!!

wrong…

we have REACHED 20,000 a few times, not AVERAGED

20,000+ games (to my knowledge… there could be more):
inaugural game vs. slippery rock
division i-aa semifinal game vs. colgate
regular season game vs. south florida

we have NEVER AVERAGED 20,000 fans

……. nor will we EVER until we play at 777 Glades Road

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

We have all talked about a temp stadium for the last three years about the time the New Track was being built. That would have been the best time and get games on campus. Didn't happen but someone needs to come to grips and stop farting around. If it doesn't look like it is going to happen in the next couple of months then do the temp and work on the real one at least the kids Will;l be playing on campus. If we need a bigger venue two neutral sites Doplhin Stadium and a couple of hours up the road the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, (This might be a stretch) (may not be bad for recruiting though). I feel better now
Back to the top

owl09 said

The Colgate game had only about 12,000, and the Slippery Rock game had something like 27,000 sold, but nowhere near that in the stands.  I think the only game with a bona fide 20,000 was USF.
Back to the top

The said

owl09 said

The Colgate game had only about 12,000, and the Slippery Rock game had something like 27,000 sold, but nowhere near that in the stands.  I think the only game with a bona fide 20,000 was USF.

i am shocked… i checked the stats, and you are correct… i was there and it seemed like a pack house… you are right and i was wrong… wow dude, i really thought there were much more than 12,000

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

The said

owl09 said

i am shocked… i checked the stats, and you are correct… i was there and it seemed like a pack house… you are right and i was wrong… wow dude, i really thought there were much more than 12,000

I wouldn't have even remembered, except for the line the next day in the Post, [paraphrasing] "FAU has found its fan base, and it's 12,000."
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The old FIU stadium looked like Lockhart. The new stadium looks like a real stadium. It is enough to convince me that they built a new stadium and didn't just do a remodel job. Anyone who says otherwise is either jealous to the point of insanity, or blind.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree with you, owfan1.  I don't know how someone can say (especially if never even visited the New Cage) if you put $5 million into Lockhart it will be exactly like FIU Stadium…..
Back to the top

No matter how pissed off you guys may be about the lack of on-campus stadium at FAU, saying you're not going to go to football games just because of that is a definition of a fairweather fan. If you really love your Owls, you'll support them at Lockhart, at Dolphin or even at FIU Stadium, whatever. Honestly, does it really matter where you guys play? The economy is doing really bad right now and it's not going to be easy for you guys to find funding for the stadium, but that doesn't mean you should just give up on the team all together. And this is coming from an FIU Panther…
Back to the top

fiu_panther said

No matter how pissed off you guys may be about the lack of on-campus stadium at FAU, saying you're not going to go to football games just because of that is a definition of a fairweather fan. If you really love your Owls, you'll support them at Lockhart, at Dolphin or even at FIU Stadium, whatever. Honestly, does it really matter where you guys play? The economy is doing really bad right now and it's not going to be easy for you guys to find funding for the stadium, but that doesn't mean you should just give up on the team all together. And this is coming from an FIU Panther…

:'( its a sad day when I find myself in complete agreement with a panthers fan  :'(
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

fiu_panther said

:'( its a sad day when I find myself in complete agreement with a panthers fan  :'(

Well, I think this panther fan is right, BUT I haven't heard FAU fans saying that they do not go to Lockhart because of its conditions. Actually I have heard that only once, and it was on this thread. FAU has shown full support of its football team even better than its rival down south which owns a football stadium on-campus and has 11K more students than FAU.
Thank you panther fan for your kind words and your encouragement, but I don't think FAU fans are fair weathered.
FAU fans: spread the word, be supportive and be there when you can. Times will be difficult sometimes, but this is your team, your alma matter and the stadium will come when it's the right time. In the mean time, enjoy the success of this young football team and BE THERE.
Good luck to FIU and the rest of the teams of the SBC.

FAU, you make me proud!
GO OWLS.
Back to the top

fiu_panther said

I couldn't agree more.

Boycotting the games because they play at Lockhart is lame.  You aren't helping the cause by staying away…you are hurting it.  We need to show (especially to people who would buy naming rights) that we have a strong and growing fan base that care about Owls football.

As badly as I want to see us get a stadium on campus, I could never imagine not going to Owls home games.  They could be playing in a parking lot and I would be there.  Lockhart may be a dump…but right now it is OUR dump.  I love going to the games, even if it is at Lockhart. 
Back to the top
Control functions: