Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Traffic Expected to Compare to "Weekday Morning Traffic"

Add topic

Re: FAU Stadium Traffic Expected to Compare to "Weekday Morning Traffic"

The people of Boca will turn out and complain about anything. It was recently reported that a group of concerned Boca citizens showed up at a City Council meeting because they were worried that an old building was being purchased by developers to put in (wait for it) a 7-11.

I understand the whole campus being pay-to-park (for non-FAU decal cars) since it's probably going to be $10 to park and you might elect to just hoof it from the Student Services parking lot to save the money. I know I would.

That said, I'll be coming from Davie so I'm interested in how this situation develops. Realistically if things get bad I'm just going to be parking at my friend's place at Casa Del Rio.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

FAUfasho said

I personally feel that parking is going to be a disaster just for the reason of lack of space. If we sell out that will be 30,000 or so plus how many workers/press/students already on campus taking up spots so that will be what? 3000 people? I've asked how many spots we have on campus and I've gotten the answer of around 8,000-10,000…So if we have 10,000 spots on campus and 3,000 of them are already taken up that doesn't leave many others for fans. Thank goodness I'll be with the band,lol.

But not everyone will be driving to the game, and even those that do will not all come individually. I have 3 season tickets but will only be bringing one car.

Plus I think were all hoping a large amount of on campus folks will now be attending games and walking over.

Dont get me wrong, I think it will be a nightmare for a few games as well. Price we must pay to have our baby on campus.

They would still be using a parking spot…

While there is only 10,000 or few spots on campus, it is not a stretch that another couple hundred can be created by using the grass and PBSC has a couple thousand as well…
Back to the top

Come early - stay late

By far the best plan, enjoy the day, this will only happen once in our lifetimes!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Come early - stay late

By far the best plan, enjoy the day, this will only happen once in our lifetimes!

Go Owls!

That's the plan!!! See you fellas at 8am!
Back to the top

My group will have a 2.5 hr drive to get there, but we will also be subscribing to the get there early, stay late plan.  Hoping to be there around 10:30-11, it can be hard to motivate a group sometimes.  Probably plan on staying till they kick us out then probably headed to the hotel to shower followed by Hooters.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

More on the traffic scene:

"The cars won't arrive all at once, pointed out Karl Peterson, senior project manager, who modeled the projections on a screen. Traffic is expected to be staggered, with 40 percent arriving as early as three hours in advance for tailgating, 35 percent two hours ahead and 25 percent in the final hour.

FAU will pay the city $28,000 for each sold-out event for police and fire-rescue services, including bomb sweeps of the stadium beforehand, Brown said.

Some residents said they were worried that Saturday afternoons are already busy with cars going to the mall or Interstate 95, and that people will cut through or park in their neighborhoods."

Neighbors hear traffic, parking plans for new FAU stadium

Back to the top

Still nothing released as to the "official" game time for the WKU game. I know they are still hoping to get it on tv but c'mon, less that 50 days til the game and our only games times so far are tv games. I would hate to be a WKU traveling fan or for that matter an FAU alumni.
Too many loose ends (parking, tailgating, traffic plan) this close to the game for my liking. I know this is our frist REAL home game, so let's not blow it so that even with an exciting win people don't say to themselves "I am not going through that again".
WE want 30,000 local fans in those seats EVERY GAME! That is how we get invited to a better conference. But pull an Akron…

Go Owls - beat WKU!
Back to the top

In fairness I'm sure they want to see how other schools handle it first…which means someone would have to go to the other schools on gameday and figure out the best way for us to go about it
Back to the top

Should'nt we have done this last year or even in any of the previous YEARS! We play seven (or last year eight) away games a year. The stadium looks beautiful but GOD I hope we don't blow this and hugely mishandle the crowd.
Any word down there about hiring stadium staff (ticket sales, ticket takers, ushers, concessions, traffic control, parking, etc…). Really need some type of event prior to opening day for a dry run for training the staff. Huge open house to SELL TICKETS would be nice. Just over six weeks til game day guys!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Should'nt we have done this last year or even in any of the previous YEARS! We play seven (or last year eight) away games a year. The stadium looks beautiful but GOD I hope we don't blow this and hugely mishandle the crowd.
Any word down there about hiring stadium staff (ticket sales, ticket takers, ushers, concessions, traffic control, parking, etc…). Really need some type of event prior to opening day for a dry run for training the staff. Huge open house to SELL TICKETS would be nice. Just over six weeks til game day guys!
We just got approved a few months ago…why waste money in previous years?
Back to the top
Control functions: