Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Add topic

Re: SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Jab979 said

Tim said

NīTE said

Jab979 said

Terrible! Sorry but no one is showing up for a soccer match in the middle of the afternoon. This should be a 7pm game and that stadium would be packed

Agreed

Bad for us…but prime time in Germany…I am not a big soccer fan, but I was considering going.  May 29th, 2:15 p.m. 100 degrees out…PERFECT!

Exactly! Is this game is even on TV that we have to worry about what time it is in Germany?

Did you read the press release that Rick posted?  The game will be televised in Germany and Ecuador.
Back to the top

Nope didn't read it. Just saw that time the game was. Not too concerned about the game being broadcast in Germany and Ecuador. The only way that helps us if someone sees the game and wants to come here to play soccer or basketball or something. Can't recall ever hearing about this big German football recruit.

Have to stop worrying about what time it is there and worry more about the time it is here and put butts in the seats

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Nope didn't read it. Just saw that time the game was. Not too concerned about the game being broadcast in Germany and Ecuador. The only way that helps us if someone sees the game and wants to come here to play soccer or basketball or something. Can't recall ever hearing about this big German football recruit.

Have to stop worrying about what time it is there and worry more about the time it is here and put butts in the seats

You may not be, but I'm guessing the people PAYING for the game to be played at FAU are concerned about the game being broadcast in Germany and Ecuador.

The biggest benefit for FAU is that they are getting paid from someone to use the stadium.  Attendance for this match must be a secondary concern for whomever is putting it on since they are playing mid-afternoon on a weekday. 
Back to the top

It doesn't help us in any other way than what they pay to rent the facility.

If the requirement was that they had to rent the facility AND make us look good AND make us money then we'd have an even harder time trying to rent it out.

I think if there's any secondary benefit for us it's that we start building a reputation for the facility as a place where the community can enjoy more than just football games. You know, maybe you're a huge fan of a school like Ohio State and couldn't give two ****s about FAU football but hey, you live in Boca and you DO like soccer so yeah, you'll come out to this game.

I'd still like the stadium to take off as a concert venue but it hasn't been used for that purpose yet. I can think of a couple reasons for that but I hope they're able to overcome it and get the ball rolling there.
Back to the top

I get that and I understand but there are a lot of people from other countries that live in this area. Remember outside of America it's the most popular sport in the world. It would be nice to have a game at FAU at a time where some of those people, who also work f/t, can go to an international friendly after work, enjoy a few cocktails and watch a game, even if their country isn't playing. Plus there are plenty of American's who enjoy soccer as well and not just when its the world cup

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

They will sell LOTS of tickets to this match whenever they play the game!
Back to the top

this game will sell out….trust me….games at the OB and Sunlife were difficult tix to get…..and they are more than double the capacity….I'm gonna try to be there…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

this game will sell out….

According to Ticketmaster, we're nearly there (see attached)

Attachment
111 views (92 Kb)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Silver_Bullet32 said

How awesome is that? FAU should give every single person  that walks through the gates a free voucher to any football game this season.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Owl2Doc said

Silver_Bullet32 said

How awesome is that? FAU should give every single person  that walks through the gates a free voucher to any football game this season.

Great idea, I 100% agree!
Back to the top
Control functions: