Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Add topic

Re: SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

I wonder how many people will show up in the evening, not realizing the game is at 2:15 p.m.
Back to the top

I can't believe they have sold that many tickets. If you walk around campus you would have no idea that there was an international friendly taking place next week.
Back to the top

Andrew said

I can't believe they have sold that many tickets. If you walk around campus you would have no idea that there was an international friendly taking place next week.

It's not an FAU sponsored event…why would students know unless they are into international soccer?  We are just landlords in this deal.  Great to have them sell it out….hopefully it will make people want to see other events at the game.  Actually, it would be great if not one single FAU affiliated person goes to game and it was sold out by people who never have been on campus or to the stadium.

I hope the stadium staff is prepared for the crowds…we have only had ONE game so far that drew almost sell out crowds.
Back to the top

Tim said

Andrew said

It's not an FAU sponsored event…why would students know unless they are into international soccer?  We are just landlords in this deal.  Great to have them sell it out….hopefully it will make people want to see other events at the game.  Actually, it would be great if not one single FAU affiliated person goes to game and it was sold out by people who never have been on campus or to the stadium.

I hope the stadium staff is prepared for the crowds…we have only had ONE game so far that drew almost sell out crowds.

One of the main roads is shut down on campus across for the stadium.

And I never said it was FAU's responsibility to sell tickets, just figured maybe I would see a billboard or something? I'm clearly aware of the Spain - Haiti game at Sun Life next month. Germany - Ecuador? Not so much.
Back to the top

It's vitally important that all these games go off without a hitch, both for the sponsors of the event and the attendees. A lot of people in the community are just now "discovering" FAU Stadium because of the lacrosse and soccer events. If the attendance for this is really as high as Ticketmaster suggests, it may beat out the Calvary Easter Service for largest crowd to see a non-FAU event.

And even if these people enjoy themselves and leave with no interest in attending an FAU home football game (as we might hope), building a reputation as a premier venue for professional sports in Boca Raton goes a long way.

If we can get lacrosse and soccer on the regular, the next piece would be regular concerts and then we'd REALLY start to make some money here.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Rick said

Tweet - Stadium prepped for #Germany v #Ecuador

That looks great Rick, nice pitch as they say!
Back to the top

NOT SURE IF ANYONE HAS POSTED THIS BUT…

THE GAME IS ON ESPN2!!!!!!!!!!

Our stadium will be broadcasted with a sold out crowd on national television with two premier international futbol teams.

HOW AWESOME IS THIS!?!??!?!

TOMORROW. MAY 29TH. 2 PM.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Our stadium will be broadcasted with a sold out crowd on national television with two premier international futbol teams.

There is no way this game is anywhere close to sold out.  My guess is a few thousand people will be there…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

NJOWL said

There is no way this game is anywhere close to sold out.  My guess is a few thousand people will be there…

Look at this seating map. We are selling tickets through ticketmaster. This plus a SMALL walk-up crowd.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D004A98BBBB68C7

= sold-out.

Good day sir!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: