Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Add topic

Re: SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

The seating map shows thousands and thousands of seats left...what am I missing here NJ??
Back to the top

Rick said

The seating map shows thousands and thousands of seats left…what am I missing here NJ??

There are thousands of seats available to buy.  Not to mention, there are rows and rows of seats above the seats available.  I hate to break it you, but those aren't sold either…

The point of this game is obviously not to sell a lot of tickets.  When your game starts mid-day on a Wednesday, you aren't expecting to get a big crowd.
Back to the top

I understand the kickoff is at 2pm so it can be televised in German prime time. But, I would love to hear a reason why the weekend was not an option. And what baffles me is this morning they still have N University as single lane in each direction because they are dividing the median for the next garage.

TO DARE IS TO DO
Back to the top

NameitforHoward said

I understand the kickoff is at 2pm so it can be televised in German prime time. But, I would love to hear a reason why the weekend was not an option. And what baffles me is this morning they still have N University as single lane in each direction because they are dividing the median for the next garage.

I would assume the same reason the game is at 2 p.m. local time, tv considerations.
Back to the top

Rick said

The seating map shows thousands and thousands of seats left…what am I missing here NJ??

How do you see this?

Aren't most sections sold out? Either way, we will see tomorrow.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NameitforHoward said

I understand the kickoff is at 2pm so it can be televised in German prime time. But, I would love to hear a reason why the weekend was not an option.

It all has to do with the FIFA calendar. While tomorrow isn't a designated "friendly date" by FIFA, next Tuesday is. United States Soccer, who's hosting tomorrow's game, decided to play Germany on Sunday in preparation for their World Cup Qualifiers starting on June 7th. Therefore, it pushed this game to Wednesday because they are the one's hosting the events.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

How do you see this?

Aren't most sections sold out? Either way, we will see tomorrow.

I see almost half of the sections available…ticketmaster is probably holding back sections from sale to "create" demand.  My guess is that there will not be one person in the student section and many other sections.  If they get 15k, that will be a great turn out.
Back to the top

dont know how they will get the game in today, because of the weather. its supposed to be crappy all day today.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

dont know how they will get the game in today, because of the weather. its supposed to be crappy all day today.

Game is on ESPN# now! talking about the "home of the Owls"!
Back to the top

Doesn't look like a big crowd…haven't seen the "home" stands.  Maybe 10k, more if the home stands are filled
Back to the top
Control functions: