Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Camera on top of Innovation village...

Add topic

Re: Stadium Camera on top of Innovation village...

GeorgiaOwl said

That's ok, hope you had a great time on-campus watching the Owl's beat-up on UALR, and they are not a bad team so can you imagine the score if we hit even 75% on our ft's!

Oh yeah, and can you imagine if they weren't draining those threes from 5 feet beyond the arc (they shot the lights out)….we would have literally blown them out of the arena.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Regarding my comments about the concrete supports, I think the level we see now will be the top of the concrete supports with steel being used above the prestent level being poured. Saw that by looking more closely at the drawings! exciting watching the progress. Next level of press box/luxury box level finished being set today! Is this the top??? I am guessing must be up to 110' or so now!
Back to the top

Does anyone know how the concrete structures being built under the bleachers will be used? That's a lot of space if they go all the way around! What part will be concessions, etc.?

Also, can anyone compare this stadium to the one built at UCF?
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Does anyone know how the concrete structures being built under the bleachers will be used? That's a lot of space if they go all the way around! What part will be concessions, etc.?

Concessions, locker rooms, storage, grounds crew, band, team stores, offices, restrooms, media room

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Also, can anyone compare this stadium to the one built at UCF?

Yes, we will have water fountains  :o

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The sides facing in to the playing field will not have anything on the, seating be going down from the "platform" level to the field level all around the stadium. I think the middle will be used for access by stadium personnel and for deliveries. I don't know if the public will have access under the stands on the ground level on the visitors side or on either end zone. Home side don't know?? At least some of the public if not all will have access under the stands on the platform level of the home side. Maybe for bathrooms and concessions. All of this just conjecture by me and depends on how accurate the stadium renderings they have published are.

Bottom line, it is gonna be nice and make Lockhart look like the shithole it is. I think all Owl fans will be happy and proud of the Owl's new "home".

Go Owl's!
Back to the top

Someone moved the camera to the left.  Now you can't see the endzone seating on the right…

Not that I look at this thing about every 6 minutes. 
Back to the top

I noticed that too when I got home from work.

Nice view of that part of the campus, but now there is some progress in the north end zone, I for one don't want to miss it! I love seeing the curvature of the end zone forming. Too bad there is not a little more range of view in the camera to see both ways. but we will see the arena better for tonight's game.

Go BB Owl's, beat the MUTS!
Back to the top

anyone on this board knows that i'm a big fan of FAU athletics and have been for a long time. I donated a couple grand to this venture and  the school needs it to move forward.

So now that i've said the above…. Stadiums overall are such a waste of money. 6 games a year for 75 million dollars, that is just absurd.

Back to the top

Exit39 said

anyone on this board knows that i'm a big fan of FAU athletics and have been for a long time. I donated a couple grand to this venture and  the school needs it to move forward.

So now that i've said the above…. Stadiums overall are such a waste of money. 6 games a year for 75 million dollars, that is just absurd.

I completely disagree.  In the grand scheme of things, $75 million to get your college to the next level, not just athletically, but to take a school from commuter school to a first-choice institution, is more then worth the investment.  You don't think the on campus stadium transformed student life on UCF's campus?  If you want to be a major American university, you have to invest in athletics.  It's part of college experience that a lot of students want to have, so if you intend to compete with other major colleges for prospective students, you better offer what everyone else is offering.

Back to the top
Control functions: