Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium update?

Add topic

Re: Stadium update?

There is still time to get things done, although the countdown clock is ticking and zero hour is approaching fast.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

Yes, it is.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

Yes, it is.

Does that mean you are the big donor we have been waiting for? NICE!!!  ;D
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

Yes, it is.

Lol…not quite, but sure wish i was ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

faudiehard said

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

Yes, it is.

Lol…not quite, but sure wish i was ;D

:'(
Back to the top

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

It was my gut feeling from the beginning anyway… How can we build a fan base with poor communication and commitment?

wow fledge… we agree on something?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

2010 not happening.

Yes, it is.

Proof?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Jeez debbie downer.  It only take 12 months to build it, we are fine everyone just relax.  It'll get done.

Not being a debbie downer.  I am frustrated.  Someone needs to start putting a little pressure on getting some answers.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

The stadium update is not that complicated.  We need a certain amount of money before we can start construction.  We obviously have not met the target yet.  If we do not get it soon, the stadium will be after 2010.  That doesn't mean we won't get it.  But they can't announce anything if there is nothing to announce.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The stadium update is not that complicated.  We need a certain amount of money before we can start construction.  We obviously have not met the target yet.  If we do not get it soon, the stadium will be after 2010.  That doesn't mean we won't get it.  But they can't announce anything if there is nothing to announce.

Well, said fauowl.

I have full confidence in our administration, our athletics department and our advancement department. I had a chance to speak with some people over the last few days. They are still diligently working on deals that would get the stadium built by 2010.

I was reminded that UCF's 45,000 seat facility, which is 50% larger than what ours would be at 30,000 seats, was built in 18 months. That means we could start construction in February 2009.

In addition, there is still the possibility of building 20,000 seats just to "get it up" and expand later. Either way, the stadium is going to be built in such a way that the stadium is expandable, so why not build what we would need for season no. 1 (20,000 - 25,000) and then expand later.

I'm just as much "in the dark" about this as y'all are and I'm chompin' at the bit to find out the inside scoop and see what deals we have had or will have in the future.

Let's put our full faith in the University and trust they know what's best for the University and for the fans.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: