Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium update?

Add topic

Re: Stadium update?

owlfan1 said

If I recall correctly Kent State and San Jose State are two schools that averaged well below 10,000 with Kent State having a late season game with only about 2,500 in attendance.

GO OWLS!!!

Wow…you're right:

Buffalo (5-7,5-3) vs. Kent State (3-9,1-7)
Date: Nov 24, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 2687

Central Michigan (5-4,4-0) vs. Kent State (3-6,1-4)
Date: Oct 27, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 6439

Delaware State (2-1) vs. Kent State (2-1)
Date: Sep 15, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 8455

That's not good!

Back to the top

Having been to Kent, Ohio, it isn't surprising that people would want to stay away in droves…

But we are in no position to talk yet.  We have to get our own stadium and consistently put fans in the seats before we can talk about anyone else's attendance.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

We have to get our own stadium and consistently put fans in the seats before we can talk about anyone else's attendance.

Cmon bro…we get 12k+ consistently to the "Ft Lauderdale Wharehouse District" in a run down stadium that uses my old "Lite Brite" from childhood as a scoreboard…

Dont think we will have any trouble on Campus in the new ride! ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

We have to get our own stadium and consistently put fans in the seats before we can talk about anyone else's attendance.

Cmon bro…we get 12k+ consistently to the "Ft Lauderdale Wharehouse District" in a run down stadium that uses my old "Lite Brite" from childhood as a scoreboard…

Dont think we will have any trouble on Campus in the new ride! ;D

No question the new stadium will draw more people.  I'm talking about now.  Yes, our attendance has gotten better the past 2 years, but it still isn't anywhere close to where we'd like it or need it to be.  I'm just saying I've been to plenty of our games over the years and been one of maybe 3,000 in the stands.  I'm not going to trash their attendance because we have the same struggle.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm not going to trash their attendance because we have the same struggle.

Not what i was doing…how about you Owlfan1?

I think we were just discussing here? ;)

On a side note:

Kent has been a University since 1910, and has been playing football for over 55 years as well…so, something has got to give here…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

On a side note:

Kent has been a University since 1910, and has been playing football for over 55 years as well…so, something has got to give here…….

I know you weren't trashing them…perhaps that was the wrong word.  I know you were just point out the facts.  What I meant was I wasn't going to talk negatively about them because I know what a struggle this could be.  Obviously they are in worse shape then we are attendance-wise.  They have been around half a century and are still having problems.  Hopefully, with the new stadium coming, our attendance problems will be a thing of the past.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

If I recall correctly Kent State and San Jose State are two schools that averaged well below 10,000 with Kent State having a late season game with only about 2,500 in attendance.

GO OWLS!!!

Wow…you're right:

Buffalo (5-7,5-3) vs. Kent State (3-9,1-7)
Date: Nov 24, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 2687

Central Michigan (5-4,4-0) vs. Kent State (3-6,1-4)
Date: Oct 27, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 6439

Delaware State (2-1) vs. Kent State (2-1)
Date: Sep 15, 2007  Site: Kent, Ohio            Stadium: Dix Stadium
Attendance: 8455

That's not good!

Nice find on the numbers. You didn't believe me? ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

On a side note:

I wasn't trashing the other teams either. I was providing input on a discussion about attendance issues.

The comment about people staying away in droves sounds like trashing to me. Ironically the same person who made that comment accuses others of talking trash. Interesting.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

On a side note:

I wasn't trashing the other teams either. I was providing input on a discussion about attendance issues.

The comment about people staying away in droves sounds like trashing to me. Ironically the same person who made that comment accuses others of talking trash. Interesting.

GO OWLS!!!

Grrr…I wasn't accusing anyone of anything.  If it came off like that, I certainly didn't mean for it to.

I know you were simply pointing out the fact that they had some extremely low attended games.  I was saying was that we aren't where we need to be in terms of attendance yet, so I wasn't going to say anything about other people's poor attendance.  That's all I meant to say.  If you re-read the thread and my posts, I never said you or anyone else was trashing anyone.

As for my comment about Kent, Ohio.  I was joking.  I'm sure the University is a fine institution…I just wasn't very fond of the city. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

On a side note:

GO OWLS!!!

Grrr…I wasn't accusing anyone of anything.  If it came off like that, I certainly didn't mean for it to.

I know you were simply pointing out the fact that they had some extremely low attended games.  I was saying was that we aren't where we need to be in terms of attendance yet, so I wasn't going to say anything about other people's poor attendance.  That's all I meant to say.  If you re-read the thread and my posts, I never said you or anyone else was trashing anyone.

As for my comment about Kent, Ohio.  I was joking.  I'm sure the University is a fine institution…I just wasn't very fond of the city.

No sweat, all in good fun, and no we aren't in a position to be critical of the attendance or facilities of other programs.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: