Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium update?

Add topic

Re: Stadium update?

owlfan1 said

Nice find on the numbers. You didn't believe me? ;D

GO OWLS!!!

"Trust but verify."

- Ronald Reagan

;)  ;D

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

I wasn't trashing the other teams either. I was providing input on a discussion about attendance issues.

The comment about people staying away in droves sounds like trashing to me. Ironically the same person who made that comment accuses others of talking trash. Interesting.

GO OWLS!!!

Grrr…I wasn't accusing anyone of anything.  If it came off like that, I certainly didn't mean for it to.

It's all good :)

I noticed that Kent actually made it to a bowl appearance in 1954, and then again in 1972…it sure has been a while for them…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

"Trust but verify."

- Ronald Regan

Maybe you should have verified the spelling of our former president's name!  ;)
Back to the top

The price of construction is not going down.  Another argument (if not brought up already) to build SOMETHING now.  Just don't fall into the all-to-common trap of modifying the design, requiring significant reconstruction to the already-built portion of the stadium.  We know how much people like the change things.  Good luck (non-sarcastically speaking).

www.essency.net
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Florida_Owl said

"Trust but verify."

- Ronald Reagan

Maybe you should have verified the spelling of our former president's name!  ;)

:o

DOH!

(i am offcially the worlds WORST speller)
Back to the top

I spoke with Armond Grossman at the alumni tent before the game and asked him about the stadium funding.

In a nut shell: The economy. Things aren't good in the economy down there. He remains confident that we will have the stadium ready for MSU in 2010. Then on to the next project………..

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I spoke with Armond Grossman at the alumni tent before the game and asked him about the stadium funding.

In a nut shell: The economy. Things aren't good in the economy down there. He remains confident that we will have the stadium ready for MSU in 2010. Then on to the next project………..

And the next project is what? The Convocation Center? The Baseball Stadium?

Or you're just saying… then on to the next project, whatever the next project is.
Back to the top

The Dow is down 812 points this week. I can't even imagine what this is going to turn into. This has to make it real hard to find donors or a donor for naming rights.

If this had gotten resolved and approved two or more years ago when the ecomomy and the stock market were healthy, things would be different. There would be a stadium on campus.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

If this had gotten resolved and approved two or more years ago when the ecomomy and the stock market were healthy, things would be different. There would be a stadium on campus.

Yeah, it's a good thing we don't have a waiting list approaching 1000 for housing and that developers are not lined up licking thier chops like wild dogs to feast on the steak of funding our project isn't it?
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

The Dow is down 812 points this week. I can't even imagine what this is going to turn into. This has to make it real hard to find donors or a donor for naming rights.

Darn, and I was betting on Lehman Brothers Field at AIG Stadium.

Not everybody has exposure to financials, or at least the ones that are tanking.  I don't know who's in line for naming rights – just hope it's not a bank.  Just heard a report on CNBC, or maybe it was just Cramer, saying big tech didn't have a lot of exposure.

Hey, DJIA futures are up 9 as I write this.  Yay futures!
Back to the top

Cramer is so legit...Very very smart, I seriously think that he should be considered for the FED or Department of the Treasury, Smart w. no BS.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: