Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ MTSU Game Thread - September 29, 2018

Add topic

jgf2017 said

We're under 5 ypc  for the year. We've gone from 4th in the country to 46th
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2018, 11:24 PM #381617

That's what happens when they load the box and challenge us to pass but we can't! There is NO reason our passing game is so bad with this happening. The numbers from the past 2 weeks are really bad!!! Seems all we can do is throw REAL SHORT passes, our yards per catch are HORRID Even OPTION teams like Ga. Tech and Air Force and Navy, who force teams to stop the run, have HUGE yards per catch numbers - ya gotta BURN 'EM to make them back off!!!

Here are the real yards per catch for the three OPTION teams; Air Force 15.1, Ga Tech 17.8, Navy 18.1

FAU 11.2

This past week we were SHUT DOWN by a BAD MTSU D in the 2nd half. They had given up 35 to Vandy, 37 to UT-MARTIN (FCS) and 49 to UGA.

Week one Vandy got 'em for 17 yards a catch, week two UT-M  got 10.2 per catch, week 3 UGA got 13.1 per catch.

WEEK FOUR WE GET 9.1 PER CATCH!

NOT GOOD COACH K AND OC - NOT GOOD AT ALL!
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Good job Owl2Doc - you perked owlcountry40 right up!

Thanks for sharing the video.  I'll definitely check it out, as I too like the strategy, play design, and play selection behind football.  

And I totally agree - truly understanding broadcast football is nearly impossible.  Have a college buddy that I still watch games with and he laughs when I get annoyed because you can't see the safeties.  That's why the NFL has the All 22 film - to see all the players at once and game plan.

One of General Eisenhower's famous quotes was "plans are useless but planning is essential".  It's along the lines of what you mentioned - you can watch film and game plan ahead of time, but how do you adjust if the situation requires it?

Good stuff guys.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2018, 9:55 PM #381615

I enjoy when people have legit football questions and thoughts on the forum.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

jgf2017 said

We're under 5 ypc  for the year. We've gone from 4th in the country to 46th
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2018, 11:24 PM #381617
That's what happens when they load the box and challenge us…

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2018, 6:08 AM #381620
Lane warned about the lack of progress on the receiving end before the season. We were hopeful it had turned the corner against AF, but the concerns are still there. For whatever reason, I don't believe this team has the same focus and that likely is the result of a few things – new coaching staff not getting it done yet, redshirt frosh QB whereas last year we had an extremely smart, cerebral QB who ran the offense perfectly, some new players in the mix on the OL, and probably some "rat poison" ingested throughout the off season where they may have thought they'd just roll through the conference again. In reality, FAU has some really talented guys in some key positions, but overall this is still a talented CUSA team, and a lot of these athletes in the conference can match up with them. Like you said, last year we had a P5 staff that understood how to get the most out of these players. That hasn't been the case so far.
Back to the top
Control functions: