Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU Football @ Air Force - September 25, 2021

Add topic

It will be a great game but let’s hope we leave there relatively injury free. 
Back to the top

Excuse my ignorance, but what’s the difference between Air Force and the other service academies where they can have a 320 lb player?
Back to the top

It’s not ignorance; it’s a very good question. The commandant at each service academy can set rules about physical fitness, maximum size, etc. A couple of years ago, AF changed its rules, and the O-line and D-line have been getting increasingly larger. Regulations may still require weight loss (or that they quit bulking up) before graduation / active duty. I’m not sure what Army and Navy are doing, but from watching on TV, I think they’re doing something similar. 
Back to the top

grayowl said

It’s not ignorance; it’s a very good question. The commandant at each service academy can set rules about physical fitness, maximum size, etc. A couple of years ago, AF changed its rules, and the O-line and D-line have been getting increasingly larger. Regulations may still require weight loss (or that they quit bulking up) before graduation / active duty. I’m not sure what Army and Navy are doing, but from watching on TV, I think they’re doing something similar. 
Posted On: Sep 24th 2021, 11:04 AM #403552

This. 👆
Back to the top

grayowl said

Posted On: Sep 24th 2021, 11:04 AM #403552

That’s fascinating! Thank you for the response
Back to the top

The Owls had a safe and enjoyable flight to the land of presently clear skies and crisp cool air. All are accounted for, settling in for the night, and ready to rock and roll tomorrow for the UPSET! 😎

Back to the top

Here's the GameDay Timeline for tomorrow via long time site member GrayOwl!

(i made a "minor" adjustment)  :Smug:

Back to the top

It's Gameday in Colorado Springs!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The boys have left the hotel and are en route to the Air Force Academy!

Back to the top

The Owls have LANDED at Falcon Stadium!

Back to the top
Control functions: