Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ MTSU - November 28, 2020

Add topic

Local Owl said

I know the source.  But I bet he is correct on this one
Posted On: Nov 27th 2020, 5:22 PM #398164

Looks like he was wrong on the reason, but decided to trash FAU instead 
Back to the top

Bottom line:

We accurately reported what FAU's position was the entire time, which had NOTHING to do with the reason the game was cancelled.

FAU Football and the entire travelling staff was on the bus for way too long sitting there while MTSU found a way to cancel the game behind the COVID cover.

Nothing was mentioned in any report that said that - PERIOD.

(until after the fact)

That's that.
Back to the top

Well, on second thought looks like FAU Football let the cat out of the bag (unintentional Freudian slip), and as I told many people today while this was occurring, it was failed "Contract Tracing":

In addition to a positive test at a key position that would cause them serious detriment, MTSU "could not find" any local trainers available for hire in a market that is not affected by COVID to take care of their team ad hoc so the game could be played.

Back to the top

Rick said

Well, on second thought looks like FAU Football let the cat out of the bag (unintentional Freudian slip), and as I told many people today while this was occurring, it was failed "Contract Tracing":

In addition to a positive test at a key position that would cause them serious detriment, MTSU "could not find" any local trainers available for hire in a market that is not affected by COVID to take care of their team ad hoc so the game could be played.

Posted On: Nov 27th 2020, 9:56 PM #398176

Understood why they cancelled now, but they not ask for trainers at a state FCS program? Or Old Dominion?   

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I know the big schools, with huge fan bases, will bounce back after this year with no problem. But programs like ours,  and dozens others, will have lingering financial issues . I have tried to figure out if it would have been better to just cancell the entire season. I don't know who thought we could prevent  posative results of 100+ people that are tested 3 times per week. Even with false posatives. I don't know.  I've said this before, I'm glad I'm not in charge of making this a successful , popular program.  Because I don't have the answers.  Other than , we need to keep winning, we need a signature win, we need to move up a conference. I've  got nothing.
Back to the top
Control functions: