Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Marshall - October 24, 2020

Add topic

JakeElman said

This season has been the boy who cried Wolf. I’ll be interested if they get to kickoff. If they don’t play, I have Ole Miss and Northwestern (John Raine!) to watch and be invested in. 
Posted On: Oct 20th 2020, 5:46 PM #396846

Terps gonna roll NW 😉
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I noticed that Meiko Dotson was playing a lot in the 2nd half of the win against NC. 

I wouldn’t be that surprised if we put up a fight. There are some positives. We came really close to outscoring Charlotte 28-0 in the 2nd half. The team gelled. 

Also, the last 3 years we have come on strong from around this time in late October to play great football. Even in 2018 the losses after mid October were very close. Even with the lack of games they’re still practicing and getting better and better. I wouldn’t be surprised if we played well.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2020, 6:04 PM #396847

As disgusted I was in our first half performance against Charlotte, I totally agree with you.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Seems like very little interest in the game.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2020, 5:43 PM #396845

That's because we're going to lose by 30 and it won't be Willie T's fault…….

However, I hope I'm wrong.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Seems like very little interest in the game.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2020, 5:43 PM #396845

Agreed – but things have been so tumultuous and Marshall is such a heavy favorite, low expectations are probably to be expected. I personally am just happy to have a game and if they lose (even big) I probably won't lose sleep.
Back to the top

Marshall has a lot of good players on offense and defense and will be tough.
I think the biggest barometer coming out of the game will be how we rebound the next week.
That will say a lot about where this team is headed this year and next.
Back to the top

I have high hopes and I am not impressed by their wins. They are in the top 25 because of the virus, once the other conferences like the BIG 10 and PAC 12 start playing; they will start filling those spots in the top 25 and I am not even counting the MAC and MWC.
Yes, they have talent but FAU has talent too and we have been recruiting better than Marshall.
If we lose, so be it but I want to see an FAU team fighting.
Go owls!
Back to the top

What’s weird about this 17 point line is that I think our Offensive line is fantastic. I know it’s 1 game but we are 3rd In the country in yards per carry. Next year we only lose Noel and Atcavage will probably replace him and the Offensive Line should still be great.

About the game against Marshall, there’s good things about having a great O Line. I think we should have a good yards per carry again. If Tronti can find the open man in the passing game and run too, I think we can do well. So the O Line is fantastic for what it’s worth. And the D Line has great coaching and played great against Charlotte 
Back to the top

Without knowing who is out how can anyone possibly set odds???
Back to the top

An FAU spokesperson said the latest round of testing "went well." Coach Taggart followed that in saying that there WILL be enough players to play Saturday. We couldn't get exact numbers on how many players would be inactive, but it seems like that number may hover around 15-25.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If we win, is it a more impressive win both for the season and the program at large than SMU last year?

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: