Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Florida - September 4th, 2021

Add topic

I haven’t posted much because of work and my computer taking a dump but I’m still a loyal fan so here’s my take. 

Offensively 
1.) Perry commanded the offense well driving the team into gators territory multiple times. We should do well this season if he stays healthy. 

2.) Offensive miscues doomed us on multiple occasions. Need to get those straightened out. 

3.) spend the week tweaking the mistakes that were made as they prepare for Georgia Southern. 

4.) stop with the play with spreading Perry to wideout and posey in at QB. A package last year with Posey as straight QB worked well for us. Keep that. 

Defensively
1.) Defensie line did well collapsing to the ball on the interior. Need to keep edge containment better. 

2.) keep Forcing turnovers. This will help us later on in the season.

3.) Keep miscues to a minimum. Marshall and Charlotte will take advantage of that. 

Overall not the outcome we were looking for but showed us some promise this season. Time to focus on Georgia Southern and remembering Coach on Friday. 
Back to the top

Tons of positive things vs UF. Perry and Ford are STUDS!
Back to the top

Yup. We lost this game in the trenches which was to be expected given the massive disadvantages we were up against on both sides of the line of scrimmage but overall, it was a solid showing and much closer to the OSU loss in ‘19 than the OU loss in ‘18. I like our chances against Southern next week. Air Force and UAB will be the measuring sticks early on in this season
Back to the top

I know 2 defensive plays the Owls were over loaded on the strong side. The play went to the weak side and gained a lot of yardage. Both plays there was only one Owl there to defend and was easily blocked. I’m sure they already pointed it out on the game film. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

One positive was the tackling. Much better than in week 1s past. 
Back to the top
Control functions: