Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: USF @ FAU - September 26th, 2020

Add topic

Notre Dame, USF's opponent last Saturday, cancelled practice today due to positive COVID-19 tests. Just something to keep an eye on….

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Notre Dame, USF's opponent last Saturday, cancelled practice today due to positive COVID-19 tests. Just something to keep an eye on….
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2020, 12:58 PM #396118

They put out a message that the impact players did not participate in the USF game. I don't have the exact Tweet though…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I am glad we are he but don’t like the line for this game. Fau are -3 favs with o/u 49. I can see the line going to -2.5.  This game can get ugly fast I can see us winning 31-14.  It will be an emotional game in both sides. Do you think granted we play we win this game?
Back to the top

USF is conducting contact tracing from Saturday's game anyways. The Bulls had a round of testing yesterday, with all negatives.

Back here in Boca, there has been no increase in positives since Friday's round of testing. The team testes Sunday, with no new positives. The team tested again, with result coming in tomorrow.

Back to the top

faufan300 said

I am glad we are he but don’t like the line for this game. Fau are -3 favs with o/u 49. I can see the line going to -2.5.  This game can get ugly fast I can see us winning 31-14.  It will be an emotional game in both sides. Do you think granted we play we win this game?
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2020, 3:13 PM #396123

It's weird seeing the line go down so fast again. There hasn't been a lot of national confidence in this team dating back to before this Summer. Although Vegas still has FAU listed with one of the highest odds to win the conference, the people and their money keep moving our lines in the other direction.

Back to the top

Wow, really cool factoid given to us from FAU Football:

USF was a program that FAU’s inaugural head coach, Howard Schnellenberger, mimicked as he began the process of building a football program in Paradise. Schnellenberger traveled across the state 20 years ago to meet with then-Bulls’ inaugural head coach Jim Leavitt, who is now FAU’s defensive coordinator.

Do any of the OG finals remember anything about this? And it all came full circle with that thriller at Lockhart in 2007.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Wow, really cool factoid given to us from FAU Football:

USF was a program that FAU’s inaugural head coach, Howard Schnellenberger, mimicked as he began the process of building a football program in Paradise. Schnellenberger traveled across the state 20 years ago to meet with then-Bulls’ inaugural head coach Jim Leavitt, who is now FAU’s defensive coordinator.

Do any of the OG finals remember anything about this? And it all came full circle with that thriller at Lockhart in 2007.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2020, 5:36 PM #396126

Wish I was around for that game…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I was there… 

Great game.
Back to the top

Rick said

I was there… 

Great game.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2020, 5:59 PM #396129

Been there from the beginning but trying to remember exactly. Was that the game of the Harmon Leap.  
Back to the top

2007 was the best environment I’d ever seen at Lockhart, it topped 2003 IMO.

But the ties to Leavitt and our desire to mimic their program led us there in 2002 to play the Bulls. Poor Jared Allen is still speaking with a stutter after that one. That was a clear sign that our o-line and their d-line were at different levels, guy never had a chance (remember Howard kept our QB under center) he’d drop back, and get smoked. I can’t remember if it was Andy Rosas punting but our punter was knocked out of the game from a hit too. Rained a ton, $18 beers, great memories. 

We owe them a few beatings after some of those years. 
Back to the top
Control functions: