Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: USF @ FAU - September 26th, 2020

Add topic

The Matchup: South Florida (1-1) @ Florida Atlantic (0-0)

When: Saturday, September 26th, 6:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Boca Raton, FL

The Series: This will be fifth all-time meeting between the Owls and the Bulls. FAU won the most recent contest 28-10 in 2013.

USF Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Game Information

TV: CBS Sports Network

Stream: CBSSports.com *Cable subscription required.

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU -5.5

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Not too confident in this one being played either
Back to the top

No doubt our confidence has been tested. Other teams are pulling it off. So can we.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

No doubt our confidence has been tested. Other teams are pulling it off. So can we.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2020, 10:47 AM #396095

If this game happens, we need to dominate it. With Marshall being ranked now, we need to show that we're still a contender in CUSA.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

PLEASE KICK USFs @$$!

TALON
Back to the top

I'd rather this game be postponed than play without multiple key starters. At full strength we are better than USF and I'd hate to lose this game just because we still have players out but forcing it through regardless. Guess we will see.
Back to the top

Unreal how national secrets are regularly leaked, but the covid report from FAU  is so guarded.
Back to the top

d-owl said

I'd rather this game be postponed than play without multiple key starters. At full strength we are better than USF and I'd hate to lose this game just because we still have players out but forcing it through regardless. Guess we will see.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2020, 10:25 PM #396098

USF is having it's own COVID problems with many more opting out of the season than we do to start with
Back to the top

While we haven't had an update from FAU Athletics (that could change in about an hour), the University itself has updated their COVID-19 reporting procedure: FAU now breaks down COVID positives as either active or cumulative. In order to be removed from the active list, the student or employee would have to have two negative tests results.

There are 56 active cases on campus, 54 of which are students. Cumulatively, there are 137 cases, 132 of which are students. So, putting my current A in Math for Liberal Arts II course to use, there are 78 students that no longer have COVID after having tested positive at some point.

A source inside FAU Football personally believes that the game isn't likely, but the program is doing everything in their power to (safely) play.

USF AD Michael Kelly said he personally believes Saturday's game will be played.

Back to the top

Taggart believes that football will be played on Saturday. This comes after another round of testing on Sunday have yielded no new positive cases. Coach Taggart did hint that there are more tests that they're awaiting results for.

Back to the top
Control functions: