Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UTSA @ FAU - October 31, 2020

Add topic

The Owls return home for tilt against the Roadrunners

The Matchup: Texas - San Antonio (4-3, C-USA 2-1) @ Florida Atlantic (1-1, C-USA 1-1)

When: Saturday, October 31, 12:00 PM

Where: Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Boca Raton, FL

The Series: The Owls own a 2-0 all-time series lead over the Roadrunners.

UTSATeam Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Game Information

TV: FOX Sports Florida

Stream: FOX Sports GO

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU - 6.5

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

that's not our logo anymore.
Let's be consistent.
Back to the top

Injury update from Coach Taggart, including McCammon and Emmons.

Not mentioned is LB Caliph Bruce, who “seemed fine” after the game according to an FAU spokesperson. 

Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

that's not our logo anymore.
Let's be consistent.
Posted On: Oct 25th 2020, 7:49 PM #397030

It is consistent.

Here's the logo that appeared on the TV Show this weekend.

The one that aired all over the state.

Back to the top

UTSA sophomore RB Sincere McCormick has been named the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose National Player of the Week for his performance in the 27-26 win against Louisiana Tech, SPORTyler announced Tuesday. 

McCormick registered his second straight and fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season to help lead the Roadrunners to a 27-26 win against the Bulldogs on Saturday night at the Alamodome. He rushed for 165 yards and three touchdowns on a school-record 37 carries to help UTSA rally from a pair of 13-point deficits after halftime. McCormick had 2- and 6-yard TD runs that each cut the LA Tech lead to six points and he then ripped off a 45-yard scoring dash with 6:16 left to play that helped give the Roadrunners the lead for good.

C-USA Media Relations 
Back to the top

TV Broadcast crew: Chris Vosters (PxP), Max Starks (AN)

I’m not familiar with Vosters. Sparks has called several of our games in the past. I spoke with him for a story  on Motor in 2017: very knowledgeable and he does research on this program. 

You will not get easy mistakes about FAU from Starks. It’s on Stadium again so it should be on all the same channels as last week. I will check later. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Bad news for the FAU offense. Larry McCammon will not suit up this Saturday against UTSA. 

Back to the top

It is bad news that our guys are out,  but I'm totally ok with the Davidson Charles combo. They are extremely capable. Not a problem.
Back to the top

I haven’t seen anything on him lately so I have no idea if Daniel Leconte is healthy or if he’s been in tracing or what, but if he can go Saturday, I’d like to see him get some reps. He had a couple nice runs in garbage time last year and he’s always had nice vision. Might be a perfect chance if he can go. 

The more that time goes on, the more I’m skeptical we see Emmons come back this year. This just feels like a bad situation and he has too much to risk … knock on wood. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Let's talk about what actually matters, how's testing going this week.  Lol.  
Back to the top
Control functions: