Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

MTSU @ FAU 2019 C-USA Home Opener Thread

The Matchup: MTSU (2-3, 1-0 C-USA) vs. FAU (3-2, 1-0 C-USA)

When: Saturday, October 12th, 4:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: The Owls trail 12-4, and lost last season's tilt in heartbreak fashion.

Blue Raider Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: None

Live Video: ESPN+

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU - 10.5

Back to the top

Solid advantages for the Owls on both sides of the ball, they open as a double-digit favorite, and now the fun begins...the next two weeks are CRUCIAL.
Back to the top

If , and that is a big IF, we play like we are capable,  we could run the board. I don't want to jinx us but the most important player in college ball  is the qb and ours is playing really well.  Our D just needs to play solid from here out and I think it is possible.
Back to the top

Coach Rick Stockstill on FAU:

"We've got a big challenge ahead of us this week. Florida Atlantic is a really good football team. They lost their first two games against top-10, top-15 teams in Ohio State and Central Florida, and they've gone out and won their last three games.

They're scoring a lot of points, and they've averaged over 40 points a game over the last three weeks. Their quarterback is playing at a really, really high level. He's thrown 12 touchdown passes and two interceptions. He's protecting the ball. He's throwing the ball with great accuracy, and he's protecting the ball as well. He's done a really, really good job of running their offense.

When you look at them statistically, their offense is up there at the top of all Conference USA statistical categories. They're starting to run the ball better. It's tough running the ball against Ohio State; it's tough running the ball against Central Florida. They've got a running back, a young kid now, a freshman, that they're really high on — he's done a great job.

They've always had good skill guys. Their receivers are dynamic. I think their tight ends are about as good as any we'll face and as good of tight ends as there are in the country. They'll flex them out, they'll be out at wide receiver, they'll be in tight in close packages. They're really talented. Coach [Lane] Kiffin has done a really good job there. He's an excellent football coach, he's got a great offensive mind, and I'm sure we'll see some things differently this week — one, because they've had an open date, and two he's going to look at what we do good, what we do bad, and try to counteract that.

Defensively, they're extremely fast. Their linebackers, their secondary, even their front people can run. This is an extremely fast defense. They're active, and they're going to put a lot of pressure on us. They're going to come after you. They play a lot of man coverage, so we've got to be able to hold up there. Then they're very sound in the kicking game.

They always have dangerous, explosive returners, and that's no different this year. It's going to be a challenge going on the road for a conference game, but like I always say, we'll be ready to roll when we get there."
Back to the top

Hate MTSU.  Ready to roll them.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

No real movement in the line yet.  5dimes shows the Owls giving 10.5 and an over/under of 64 (roughly an FAU win of 37-27).  I'd take it right now.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Hate MTSU.  Ready to roll them.  
Posted On: Oct 8th 2019, 1:52 PM #389479

I very much agree. As Dan and I talked about on the podcast last night (listen a new EP just dropped!) MTSU is definitely 2nd on my FAU rival hate list. One could easily argue we have had more history with MTSU than any other school due to all the crazy and many gut-wrenching games we have played vs this school.

Also, as Rick pointed out the whether is supposed to be wonderful this Saturday, add the fact UM plays Friday and the OU-Texas game is on before and the UF vs LSU probably will not kick till after we are done, there is little room for excuses for Owl fans not to attend.

I know I am preaching to the choir on this forum as most are die-hards and are going unless they are out of state.
Hit up everyone who went to the UCF game with you and tell them it is time to go!!!!
Back to the top

choir

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I'm so ready for another game.  The by week puts me on edge. Can't wait to pack up my tail gate stuff , hang out , and watch some day football. MTSU is always a good game.
Back to the top

Man that's some straight up blind coach speak if he's complimenting our kicking and return game.  Lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: