Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

Roscoeowl said

Man that's some straight up blind coach speak if he's complimenting our kicking and return game.  Lol.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2019, 12:34 AM #389485

Exactly, ya would think we were Bama! :Laughing:
Back to the top

Hopefully we pick up where we left off before the bye week.  My main concern is will the offensive line continue to make positive strides forward or will they fall back to their old ways before Lane called them out.  

Defense has been impressive, hope they keep it up.  
Back to the top

Two positives about the OL, they have stayed relatively healthy and they have slowly improved each game. From an unproven group, you can't ask for more. And I don't have the stats, but it feels like the group has been fairly disciplined.  Not too many penalties.
Back to the top

The new addition of Noel really helps in many ways - added depth at minimum, added size, added competition, and possibly even a better starter. Go get 'em Owls!!!
Back to the top

I THINK THE ADDITION OF STOCKSTILL WILL HELP SO MUCH IN THAT HE KNOWS ASHER O'HARA, THE MTSU QB AND HIS HABITS, TENDENCIES AND ABILITIES. ASHER HAS PLAYED GOOD SO FAR BUT HE IS STILL NO STOCKSTILL AND IS A BALL HOG THIS YEAR. 141 PASS ATTEMPTS AND 69 RUNS FOR A TOTAL OF 210 OT THEIR 304 PLAYS OR 69% OF OFFENSIVE PLAYS INVOLVE HIM.

THAT IS ALMOST TRIPLE OPTION QB SOUNDING AND I HERE IF HE DOES NOT SEE FIRST OPTION HE TENDS TO PULL IT DOWN AND RUN. AND HE IS NOT BIG AT JUST 6' AND 190 LBS. LAST YEAR TOO HE THREW 20 PASS ATTEMPTS AND RAN 23 TIMES!

I AM SURE COACH SPENCER WILL HAVE CONFUSING MULTIPLE LOOKS FOR HIM TO MESS WITH JUST THST TENDENCY. THEN OUR LB'S NEED TO CLEAN HIM UP! HOPE WE SPY HIM WITH RASHAAD ALL GAME! EVEN WITH ASHER'S MOBILITY HE HAS BEEN SACKS A GOOD BIT ALREDY THIS YEAR
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I THINK THE ADDITION OF STOCKSTILL WILL HELP SO MUCH IN THAT HE KNOWS ASHER O'HARA, THE MTSU QB AND HIS HABITS, TENDENCIES AND ABILITIES. ASHER HAS PLAYED GOOD SO FAR BUT HE IS STILL NO STOCKSTILL AND IS A BALL HOG THIS YEAR. 141 PASS ATTEMPTS AND 69 RUNS FOR A TOTAL OF 210 OT THEIR 304 PLAYS OR 69% OF OFFENSIVE PLAYS INVOLVE HIM.

THAT IS ALMOST TRIPLE OPTION QB SOUNDING AND I HERE IF HE DOES NOT SEE FIRST OPTION HE TENDS TO PULL IT DOWN AND RUN. AND HE IS NOT BIG AT JUST 6' AND 190 LBS. LAST YEAR TOO HE THREW 20 PASS ATTEMPTS AND RAN 23 TIMES!

I AM SURE COACH SPENCER WILL HAVE CONFUSING MULTIPLE LOOKS FOR HIM TO MESS WITH JUST THST TENDENCY. THEN OUR LB'S NEED TO CLEAN HIM UP! HOPE WE SPY HIM WITH RASHAAD ALL GAME! EVEN WITH ASHER'S MOBILITY HE HAS BEEN SACKS A GOOD BIT ALREDY THIS YEAR
Posted On: Oct 11th 2019, 4:24 PM #389520

I agree with the points, but…

Why is this in all caps?
Back to the top

I'M cerTain  THat  waS  in ErrOr.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'M cerTain  THat  waS  in ErrOr.
Posted On: Oct 11th 2019, 5:23 PM #389523

Yup - sorry guys, I type and don't notice far too often! Then too lazy to redo :Laughing:
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

walty12 said

Hate MTSU.  Ready to roll them.  
Posted On: Oct 8th 2019, 1:52 PM #389479

I very much agree. As Dan and I talked about on the podcast last night (listen a new EP just dropped!) MTSU is definitely 2nd on my FAU rival hate list. One could easily argue we have had more history with MTSU than any other school due to all the crazy and many gut-wrenching games we have played vs this school.

Also, as Rick pointed out the whether is supposed to be wonderful this Saturday, add the fact UM plays Friday and the OU-Texas game is on before and the UF vs LSU probably will not kick till after we are done, there is little room for excuses for Owl fans not to attend.

I know I am preaching to the choir on this forum as most are die-hards and are going unless they are out of state.
Hit up everyone who went to the UCF game with you and tell them it is time to go!!!!

Posted On: Oct 8th 2019, 3:48 PM #389482

should be a decent crowd….. students are going to take the sun in their face for an hour maybe…. but not too bad….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Bummer that the Owl Walk was cancelled after a little bit of rain during the pregame. Still, the FAU Cheer & Dance Team did their best to send the boys off right.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: