Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

I think most of us predicted a 2 score victory, so it’s hard to be disappointed.  We are light years ahead of where we were last year when it comes to 2nd half adjustments.  There was a few times where I wish we would take Dotson out of the game, but he proved me wrong and some.  This is such a down year for CUSA, we could be a 10-2 team with our talent.
Back to the top

Nice to win "comfortably" even though  especially was off today! D did give up FAR too many 30 yard completions but 3 picks changed game. MTSU won vs. Marshall exactly the same way last week, outplayed but won turnover battle then!
Back to the top

owlmart said

I think most of us predicted a 2 score victory, so it’s hard to be disappointed.  We are light years ahead of where we were last year when it comes to 2nd half adjustments.  There was a few times where I wish we would take Dotson out of the game, but he proved me wrong and some.  This is such a down year for CUSA, we could be a 10-2 team with our talent.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2019, 8:07 PM #389682

Could be but "one game at a time" - Marshall in here next week. A short week for both teams but tougher on the traveling squad! They beat ODU at home today 31-17, not impressive at all! Their pass rush with 8 sacks though. We gave up no sacks today, one of the positives!
Back to the top

I know people have probably mentioned it, but attendance today was horrible. The team is sitting great at 3-2 and for a heated rivalry game there should have been more fans in the seats today. More students ditched at half-time. These kids are playing hard and success is showing on the field. I dont know what more the department and the team could do to prove themselves to school and the community and counties beyond.
Back to the top

I agree with Shane about giving up zero points in the second half , that was impressive. Leroy is a hitting machine. I love the way he plays. And seeing Smith defend a pass , in the end zone , like 30 yards down field, a LB, that is impressive. Our young RB'S are really developing nicely. Our OL  play is slowly improving. And our d coordinator worked wonders at half time. Let's take the win. And move forward..
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I know people have probably mentioned it, but attendance today was horrible. The team is sitting great at 3-2 and for a heated rivalry game there should have been more fans in the seats today. More students ditched at half-time. These kids are playing hard and success is showing on the field. I dont know what more the department and the team could do to prove themselves to school and the community and counties beyond.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2019, 8:36 PM #389686

Welcome to South Florida. Even Miami has attendance problems 
Back to the top

Full Disclosure: I’m Hammered 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Full Disclosure: I’m Hammered 
Posted On: Oct 12th 2019, 9:01 PM #389689

How do you plus one? And I won't be there next week either. FIU, though. A beer for recognizable Nesters on me.
Back to the top

Not how we expected to win, but I almost find it to be a positive that we won a game with defense and running the ball. Shows we can win a game another way than Robison throwing for 300+ and 3 TDs
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Not how we expected to win, but I almost find it to be a positive that we won a game with defense and running the ball. Shows we can win a game another way than Robison throwing for 300+ and 3 TDs
Posted On: Oct 12th 2019, 11:35 PM #389697

I like what I see with Tronti. He seems more disciplined than Robison.
Back to the top
Control functions: