Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

Rick said

Disclaimer: This post is pointed at no one, and is intended to be a "Devil's Advocate" editorial response to conglomerate dialogue, so please hold the tomatoes.

I devote (with no compensation whatsoever) about 15 hours of my time weekly during football season to this site's operation but must admit that I haven't been able to go to games in person for the last two years because I am caring full time for my dad, who has cancer and a hell on earth life right now…haven't missed a game with him though thanks to electronic attendance.

In all reality, 2,000 people left at half time based on the crowd shots…burn them all at the stake.

:Laughing:

There are also millions of other South Florida residents, and even FAU students, who will never even whiff as much as a fart from FAU football's nickers.

That said, anyone who takes the time to buy a ticket, or receive one for free, and goes (suffering through the potential logistics issues) for one minute is fine by me.

Enjoy for us (dad is an alum as well) while you are there!

This is a fan site, and get that it is primarily a die-hard audience, but it doesn't mean that those who are not should be judged on their participation.

If that's the case, I'll be the first to take a shot.

LOTS of people read here, and never post…very likely that they never even went to the game as well.

But at least they are engaged…

Win them over, present a reason to attend, and stay away from giving them a reason not to.

Food for thought…

Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 9:30 PM #389721

Thoughts and prayers for you and your father.

Rick, don’t apologize for everyone, you’ll get nowhere. Sometimes people make wrong choices and getting called out is not a bad thing.  Leaving at half time for a bs reason for a supposed fan is ridiculous period, don’t sugar coat it so you you get an extra couple clicks because someone’s feeling might get hurt.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I must lament every game (except most recently UCF) why there’s rarely 8-9K seats filled?  Beautiful new stadium, iconic coach, more top recruits brought on, season looking very good so far, etc…. and yet the fan base continues to be anemic.  What’s the answer???🤔
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Thoughts and prayers for you and your father.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 9:45 PM #389722

Appreciate the Prayers, thank you!

:cool:

Big Game Friday!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

teambeer said

jgf2017 said

I'm sure every local here has been to every game the last 3 years….
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 5:21 PM #389712

4 missed home games since the start…1 broken leg, 2 weddings and a vacation. 

Sat thru every 1-11 game and took it like a man! I’m a glutton for punishment but that Alfred UAB win was the most rewarding game I’ve ever witnessed…but hey, hope dinner was good! 
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 7:28 PM #389716

Fall weddings is one of the biggest issues facing this country.
Back to the top

Oh Shane, I had to laugh at that. I don't always agree with ya but do totally appreciate your passion for FAU.

But we are all not you, I am thinking he got a tad angry at the lackluster first half when we had a week extra to prepare for a home m-game but came out flat. I bet we all get that way sometimes (especially at our program). But I am hoping that after last year Coach K learned a lot and has put together a better and more experienced staff, one that gets better as the game progresses. This year, ours has, great to see!

Ya wanna talk a BAD staff, look at SEC UGA this past week at home vs. a 2 win team. The last 2 minutes and the 2 OT's they "coached" worse than moist pee wee teams. The "game management" DID NOT EXIST.

TALK ABOUT UPSET FANS - THAT WOULD BE UGA RIGHT NOW!!  :Thinking: I am one of them! :Laughing:
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

teambeer said

jgf2017 said

I'm sure every local here has been to every game the last 3 years….
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 5:21 PM #389712

4 missed home games since the start…1 broken leg, 2 weddings and a vacation. 

Sat thru every 1-11 game and took it like a man! I’m a glutton for punishment but that Alfred UAB win was the most rewarding game I’ve ever witnessed…but hey, hope dinner was good! 
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 7:28 PM #389716

Fall weddings is one of the biggest issues facing this country.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 10:45 PM #389725

This^^^^ missing two games this year cause of fall weddings and about one game a year the past couple due to them. 
Back to the top

My family has been in the tri county area 100 years. None of you guys’ family had been here that long you have no leg to stand on. So some transplants are going to tell me I’m not loyal. Ridiculous, just stop your family hasn’t contributed jack to the community down herePlease let’s not talk about loyalty to FAU. Local Owl hasn’t mentioned whether he’s been to every home game the last 3 years
Back to the top

Sorry JGF . I'm 59 years old and am a forth generation cracker. Farming /cattle people. But you got me on the tri  county thing. We are only from palm beach county. As for my attendance,  I've been to every home game since the Locheart days. I've traveled to E Lansing twice, Detroit twice. Once was the bowl game. I went to Ga, navy, Ala,  Lafayette,  Gainesville,  and canes/fiu  away games. All this means nothing . The game was over at 735. Did you need to hit early bird?
Back to the top

Don't get too defensive jgf…. others have commented on other commitments they have had and to me you e=were at least being honest. And other guys, don't be too judgemental either everyone is different and looks at things and responds to things different.

He bought his ticket(s), was not too happy with our play and decided best for him to leave. Me, if I pay for a ticket stay for whole game always and just try to have a decent time without going crazy.

I have said on here went to UM/Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl before Howard saved their butts and watched UM get humiliated 44-0 and attendance there was only around 40K FOR NOTRE DAME IN THE ORANGE BOWL!!! That was an UGLY and BAD UM team. 44 in that day (1973) was a lot so we made fun of ND running up the score on UM for their rankings benefit! UM was barely a decent HS team then!
Back to the top
Control functions: