Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - October 6th, 2018

Add topic

ODU Coach Bobby Wilder on Florida Atlantic…

"This weeks opponent FAU is 2-3 right now, two of their losses are to top 25 teams Oklahoma and UCF. Both of those losses were on the road, this is a very good football team. They’re the defending league champions, offensively they’re balanced, they rushed the ball for 231 yards, they throw it for 225 which is always concerning when you have an offense that balanced and that explosive.

Devin Singletary is one of the best running backs in America, he’s got speed, he’s got athleticism, quickness. He made us look foolish last year at our home game, they rushed for 453 yards against us, and I forget what his number was against us but it was big. We had 37 missed tackles in that game and most of them were against him so he is someone we are aware of and will be very focused on in this game.

They’re excellent in their offensive line, tight end in terms of being very athletic, blockers and then they have very
good skill players on the outside.

Defensively their numbers are skewed based on the points Oklahoma and Central Florida scored, they just held Middle Tennessee, it has an excellent offense, to 25 points this past weekend.

They’re fast, they’re physical, they have two of the top linebackers in Conference USA, Smith and Al-Shaair.

Defensively when you look at their defensive line secondary, they play to speed. So this will be a tough matchup for us, we’re going on the road against the defending Conference USA champions, a team that dominated us last year by 30 points so this will be a major challenge but one we will look forward to.
"
Back to the top

d-owl said

16.5!? LOL..jeez…if I were a betting man….
Posted On: Oct 1st 2018, 12:02 AM #381585

I am one.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

d-owl said

I am one.
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2018, 1:40 PM #381626

Hahaha – do what you have to, I understand lol.
Back to the top

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

I am one.
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2018, 1:40 PM #381626

Hahaha – do what you have to, I understand lol.
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2018, 4:18 PM #381627

As big as the line is it wouldn’t shock me if we covered easily. Also wouldn’t shock me if we lost outright at this point. That’s while I’ll be staying away 
Back to the top

I know I've said this before, BUT Coach Justice (the sixth best OL coach last season)(Please don't ask how they determine that) would have the three new guys farther along. He is much more of a discipline , technique coach. This guy is hear because Chris K was his friend.
Back to the top

Our ypc has fallen so much that we're an average team in that regard, which is shocking. I thought it was a given that Motor would have 6 ypc and that's what our team would be at, not 4.9. Extremely worrisome.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Our ypc has fallen so much that we're an average team in that regard, which is shocking. I thought it was a given that Motor would have 6 ypc and that's what our team would be at, not 4.9. Extremely worrisome.
Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 12:18 AM #381633
Yeah, it's honestly amazing he has got what he has got thus far. It feels like he is running into a wall with every hand off and has to go 1 against 3/4.
Back to the top

Absolutely agree - the only other time I can remember seeing a guy have to work so hard to make something out of nothing on almost every carry was Barry Sanders on some of those really bad Detroit teams.  Motor has made some hellacious runs this season that have resulted in him turning what should have been a 5-yard loss into a 1 or 2 yard gain.
Back to the top

One of the biggest differences between this season and last is the O Line play. Diaz had been great. But as a whole, the unit is not very powerful. This affects the entire offense. Oh...did I mention our D sucks. But other than those two things we are the same as last season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

One of the biggest differences between this season and last is the O Line play. Diaz had been great. But as a whole, the unit is not very powerful. This affects the entire offense. Oh…did I mention our D sucks. But other than those two things we are the same as last season.
Posted On: Oct 5th 2018, 6:01 AM #381653

I agree. The thing that scares me is that our opponents are game planning to attack Riles and Ettiene, because they are terrible. I just don't understand why guys like Tuihalamaka and Biancardi don't get a chance. The QB battle is kind of reopened because of poor play. Now the battle for both OG spots should be reopened. I'm so ticked I almost considered not going tomorrow. Everyone's game planning to attack Riles and Ettiene. DC's are stacking the box because they know they suck.
Back to the top
Control functions: