Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls in the 2019 NFL Combine

Add topic

This is only the second time that Florida Atlantic has had three players in the NFL Combine, joining ranks with the 2011 class of Jeff Van Camp, Lestar Jean, and Rob Housler.

This years group consists of Devin Singletary, Azeez Al-shaair, and Jovon Durante all of which stand a strong shot at seeing either draft or UDFA offerings.

Workouts

40-yard dash
Vertical jump
Broad jump
Three-cone drill
20-yard shuttle
60-yard shuttle
Position-specific drills
Back to the top

2019 NFL Combine Schedule
Back to the top

After measuring as the shortest running back at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine, Devin Singletary didn't come up short with an answer about it on Thursday.

The former Florida Atlantic star measured 5-foot-7 1/2 and weighed 203 pounds in Indianapolis, and had the ideal response to a question about whether his size will be a problem for his draft stock.

"I'm the same size as Barry Sanders," Singletary said.

Indeed, the Hall of Famer was listed at 5-8, 200 – very similar to Singletary – on his way to a brilliant pro career with the Detroit Lions in which he rushed for 1,000-plus yards in each of 10 seasons, and 1,500-plus in five of them. Of course, Sanders also had other-worldly quickness and instincts for the position, and Singletary wasn't trying to compare the two as talents. But where doubts about his size are concerned, the Sanders comparison provides him with an "if he can, I can" type of motivation.

"I've never met him," Singletary said. "But I've looked him up. He was my size."

Path to the Draft | NFL.com
Back to the top

Back to the top

Here's Singletarey's Combine results via NFL Draft Analyst Tom Downey…some negative outlook from reporting onlookers, but the one thing they don't measure is the ability to make people miss…we'll see what happens!

Back to the top

In today’s age of “measurables” meaning so much this is going to hurt.  Even in his best metric 40% of the guys were better.  I know how good Motor is, but these numbers and the rumblings all of the non-P5 guys have to hear about level of competition ***might*** lead to a bad draft day experience.  If he is not drafted at all (or goes very late) I can see some people second-guessing him even though he had little to nothing left to prove/do at FAU.  No doubt he should get a shot somewhere to show what he can do on the field versus just in drills.
Back to the top

Rick said

Here's Singletarey's Combine results via NFL Draft Analyst Tom Downey…some negative outlook from reporting onlookers, but the one thing they don't measure is the ability to make people miss…we'll see what happens!

Posted On: Mar 2nd 2019, 9:07 PM #385395

His 40 was adjusted to
4.55 - which is adequate nfl speed. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

And vertical really good to! Before combine, some sites show him as No. 2 RB in draft. I thank all knew his numbers would not blow people away, but he is a gamer!
Back to the top

Durante ran a decent 40 but not great but saw no other numbers for him. How did both do in drills!
Back to the top

Sad to think we thought we had maybe 5 or even 6 draftable D players before the season and our only one now was seriously hurt half the season! Great job by our DC, had to fire him just this this reason alone IMHO! That would KILL recruiting to decent recruits, having an NFL career killer DC!
Back to the top
Control functions: