Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith in the game!

Add topic

Re: Rusty Smith in the game!

Fisher said Rusty will start until Collins is back healthy. I assume they'll bring back Simms to back Rusty up in case he struggles against the Texans, which is pretty hard to do!
Back to the top

Back to the top

I heard that VY took off half of his Titan uniform and threw it in the stands because of how Jeff Fisher pulled him and how the fans booed him throughout the game!  VY is a huge head case!!!  It is your chance to shine RUSTY!

GO OWLS AND TITANS!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Hey I just saw all the stories about the drama in Tennessee today and was excited to see Smith got in! Don't get me wrong, I'm not an FAU fan (or hater or whatever, just a neutral USF alum here), but I liked him in college and I think it's great to see him get this shot. I always admire guys who go through newer or less prestigious teams and get to the big stage, I think they have to work a lot harder to get the same opportunities.

Obviously USF's not too far removed from seeing its first player in the NFL, and even now I think the total number who have ever seen game action in the league is fewer than 15, or close to it. It's been exciting watching USF rise in this way, and now just a decade after their first player was drafted, it seems like I see a USF player on TV in at least one game each week.

Congrats on this awesome moment for your team.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Love the fact that he's still very humble about everything. I know the reporters are just doing their jobs trying to get any information about VY as possible. Even if Rusty does know what's going on, good for him to not get involved. He's a rookie there to do his job and do what his coaches tell him, he's not there to make waves and get involved in any drama. Great job Rusty! You make Owl Country proud

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Great interview, thanks for posting.  I just picked up Rusty in one of my fantasy leagues and will start him over Matt Cassel if he gets the nod this weekend.
Back to the top

As a Titans season ticket holder, I'd rather lose with Rusty than win with VY.

But I'd rather have my cake and eat it too. "Crusty" Rusty leads the Titans to the Super Bowl. The defense must improve drastically for that to happen, however.

VY reminds me a lot of MT QB Dwight Dasher, unfortunately.
Back to the top

You have a mighty big weekend of FAU football on your plate eh KajunRaider!

So what's the story with Dasher now? He's starting for MTSU but has just been "rusty" after his suspension? He was slated as the top QB in the Belt this season, but after all the drama, it seems like he's disappeared.

Also, have you plunked down your $$ to get a Smith #11 jersey yet?? :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

You have a mighty big weekend of FAU football on your plate eh KajunRaider!

So what's the story with Dasher now? He's starting for MTSU but has just been "rusty" after his suspension? He was slated as the top QB in the Belt this season, but after all the drama, it seems like he's disappeared.

Also, have you plunked down your $$ to get a Smith #11 jersey yet?? :)

I don't know what's wrong with Dasher. That is the million dollar question. Would love to have a "Smith" jersey, but would rather have "Rusty" on the back, if you know what I mean.

Won't have to worry about Rusty getting arrested at strip clubs like VY, that is for sure.
Back to the top
Control functions: