Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Raton Bowl being vote on today

Add topic

The Palm Beach County Commission is hearing and possibly voting on the Boca Raton Bowl today during its meeting. I read somewhere they are looking at somewhere 140,000 dollars a year in tourism tax money. IMO they would be foolish not to vote for it. The annual bowl game will bring in millions to the county and the city of Boca Raton, as well as put the stadium, and campus on national tv every year....
Back to the top

Voting on what? Using the Boca Raton name?
Back to the top

Formality…

Back to the top

teambeer said

Voting on what? Using the Boca Raton name?
Posted On: Oct 7th 2014, 10:21 AM #336256

They have a share in the cost.
Back to the top

from my understanding it is roughly about 20-30m million in revenue for hosting the bowl game that may be generated into the local, and county economies, plus the adverstising for Boca Raton and Palm Beach county that comes with it. plus the school.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

from my understanding it is roughly about 20-30m million in revenue for hosting the bowl game that may be generated into the local, and county economies, plus the adverstising for Boca Raton and Palm Beach county that comes with it. plus the school.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2014, 1:19 PM #336262

$20-$30M ?! I don't see it happening for the Boca Bowl. Conference USA vs MAC… Only Marshall and FAU can fill up those stands for C-USA, and "I don't know who" in MAC that can contribute here… My point is, I don't think there's not enough revenue from attendance
Back to the top

2.5 Million annual  impact per todays PB Post

"ESPN will include the county and city on all marketing materials for the bowl games, including television ads. The proposal would generate an annual economic impact of about $2.5 million, according to the county."
Back to the top

It's really a great investment in the community. Everything's a go right? I thought they were playing the boca bowl starting this year?
Back to the top

its a go... I know the commission is not stupid.... They took a swipe at West Palm for not supporting the spring training site, but the vote was unaminouns....
Back to the top

It's amazing. The stadium got so much resistance in the beginning. Now it's the best thing since sliced bread. The county will make revenue on it and so will the city of Boca. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: