Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Score Board

Add topic

I noticed cranes on the south side of the stadium all week, I didn't know what they were doing until yesterday when I saw them removing the palm trees from the side of the score board. Anyone else know what this is being done for?
Back to the top

Boozie132 said

I noticed cranes on the south side of the stadium all week, I didn't know what they were doing until yesterday when I saw them removing the palm trees from the side of the score board. Anyone else know what this is being done for?
Posted On: Nov 1st 2013, 9:04 AM #320617

Part of the scoreboard was out during/after the last game…just routine maintenance to ensure everything is working properly in preparation for Saturday.
Back to the top

Are the palm trees coming back?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Are the palm trees coming back?
Posted On: Nov 3rd 2013, 2:16 PM #320860

^this was the main thing missing. Noticed it right before halftime. They hadn't been working for several games now, hope it gets fixed. It's a cool feature.
Back to the top

I never noticed them doing anything and I have seen all of the games.  What did they do?  Wave in the breeze, light up at scores, have twinkle lights, or what?  I did notice them missing, since I was right across the street and watched them taking them down.
Back to the top

bb said

I never noticed them doing anything and I have seen all of the games.  What did they do?  Wave in the breeze, light up at scores, have twinkle lights, or what?  I did notice them missing, since I was right across the street and watched them taking them down.
Posted On: Nov 4th 2013, 3:15 PM #320907

I believe they were back-lit like neon…
Back to the top

Right, they were outlined in neon lights that slowly change color in cycles from red to blue to green, etc
Back to the top

They were in a peculiar/unsafe area that the manufacturer did not feel was best, and will be replaced once some welding modifications are done.

Bottom line: not going anywhere.
Back to the top

Rick said

They were in a peculiar/unsafe area that the manufacturer did not feel was best, and will be replaced once some welding modifications are done.

Bottom line: not going anywhere.
Posted On: Nov 4th 2013, 4:54 PM #320912

:cool:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The scoreboard Palm Trees. What happened to them?

So I dont recall seeing anything but what happened to the Palm Tree's on the scoreboard? Why are they gone?

I knew they didnt really light up the way they were supposed to but I thought that was a great feature that even further made the stadim standapart.

Anyone know?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: